Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just released Lightroom CC 2015.7/Lightroom 6.7  (Read 2973 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Just released Lightroom CC 2015.7/Lightroom 6.7
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:49:24 am »

See new features Lightroom CC 2015.7/Lightroom 6.7
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.html

Update

The Lightroom Queen has listed "What's New in Lightroom CC 2015.7/6.7"
http://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-cc-2015-7-6-7/

Cheers!

Stu

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:01:46 am by StuartOnline »

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Just released Lightroom CC 2015.7/Lightroom 6.7
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:48:37 am »

An interesting feature is that now you can select to edit on smart previews even if the original images are present. This should improve performace for non-critical edits.

DickKenny

• Dick Kenny at The Chantry Studio
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:16:18 pm »

Think I'll wait until it becomes clear they haven't corrupted the print pipeline again. Reverting to an earlier version is going to be less than simple if - as rumored - there are compatibility issues between that and Apple's new Sierra OS for the Mac. Once bitten........

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 02:44:33 pm »

And once again no IQ3 100 support....

Christopher Hauser
ch@chauser.eu
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

ButchM

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 02:48:59 pm »

Think I'll wait until it becomes clear they haven't corrupted the print pipeline again. Reverting to an earlier version is going to be less than simple if - as rumored - there are compatibility issues between that and Apple's new Sierra OS for the Mac. Once bitten........

Yes, I agree. Having had to roll back three of the previous five updates ... I'll wait until the dust settles.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 03:34:41 pm »

And once again no IQ3 100 support....

Christopher Hauser
ch@chauser.eu

It sure would be a nice thing to have, especially since I am finding C1 Vr 9 to be quite un stable on my windows machines.  Still fighting "error when processing a file" along with other GPU related drawing problems. 

But the key is the fact that LR has a "seamless" HDR and pano workflow that works best on raw files.  The IQ100 had plenty of DR that you most times can get one file to work, but I like panos and moving C1 tifs to LR for the pano feature the results on pure color blends is not as good as when you are merging raw. 

Sure hope they get it done soon, but as it's taken this long almost 1 year, it may not happen.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

vjbelle

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 07:57:41 am »

I also don't think that ACR will ever support the IQ3100.  Adobe was much quicker to support the IQ1 series.

Victor

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 01:42:37 pm »

I think there were some changes to the file format, possibly due to the 16bit color ability. maybe just to lock Lr out.  I'm guessing Phase isn't being helpful as they see Lightroom as a competitive product. (Trying not to step too far out of bounds here, but this is actually not a total guess).

Personally being forced to use C1 all of the time is something I'm pretty uncomfortable with, as C1's automask tool is terrible, it's HDR sliders are not nearly as effective as those in Lightroom (not sure about everyone else, but the Shadow slider to me is more like a shadow/midtone slider), the local adjustments as layers are nice but are more difficult to work with.

I realize Lr competes with C1, but when you spend the kind of money it takes to get into this system, I think phase should be pretty happy and not worry about the fact that you aren't using their $100 piece of software.  Sort of sours me on them a little more ....

Not sure if we could get enough of a grass roots movement to push phase in the right direction here so Lr (and Apple for that matter) could handle the files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up