Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DxO scores are in for the Pentax K1  (Read 6867 times)

shadowblade

Re: DxO scores are in for the Pentax K1
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:28 pm »

A 15 year old, first generation Sigma 70-200/2.8, wide open on a K3. That's only 24MPx, but on an APC sensor it has a pixel density equal to 54MPx full frame. I really wonder what people do with all this sharpness they apparently need.

How does it look up close when it's blown up to 60x40"?

Also, how does it do in the corners when shooting a landscape, where everything is in focus and you need corner-to-corner sharpness? A portrait where most of the image is out of focus is hardly a useful test of lens sharpness. And how does it handle CA and purple fringing when dealing with high-contrast edges or bright highlights?

tsjanik

Re: u
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 01:24:44 pm »

More organic.  I like the A7rII, or at least I thought I did, but the Pentax K1 clicked with me from the moment I purchased it. 

Less post processing needed, just more natural.  Some shots above from my garden this year with the K1 (I used to run a botanical library, believe it or not).  First time in ages I felt inspired to get down and dirty among the flowers!

Lovely images Quentin.  You and Paul will convince me to get a K-1!  I would love to see a comparison of a PS K-1 file vs. a 645Z file.
Love those cosmos flowers; my version with a 645D:

Regards,

Tom
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up