Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

DxO scores are in for the Pentax K1

(1/5) > >>

Paul2660:
I realize there is not much focus in the K1 on this site but still a good read.

https://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Pentax-K-1-sensor-review-Full-frame-marvel

It's too bad they did not test with pixel shift as there would more than likely been a new number one.

They also have the scores for the Canon 5d MKiv posted.

Paul C

ErikKaffehr:
Hi Paul,

I guess that the K1 may be less in focus than some others, but it is probably a quiet interesting camera. It is a pity the sensor shift capability is not supported by mainstream raw converters. That may change if more vendors use the technology.

The DR reported by DxO is pretty outstanding.

Best regards
Erik

--- Quote from: Paul2660 on September 16, 2016, 09:39:31 am ---I realize there is not much focus in the K1 on this site but still a good read.

https://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Pentax-K-1-sensor-review-Full-frame-marvel

It's too bad they did not test with pixel shift as there would more than likely been a new number one.

They also have the scores for the Canon 5d MKiv posted.

Paul C

--- End quote ---

Quentin:
Just to offer my point of view - best camera currently made.  On almost every level, it is outstanding.  Pity more photographers don't realise what they are missing when they pass it by.

shadowblade:

--- Quote from: Quentin on September 22, 2016, 12:13:13 pm ---Just to offer my point of view - best camera currently made.  On almost every level, it is outstanding.  Pity more photographers don't realise what they are missing when they pass it by.

--- End quote ---

Lens selection.

Without a top-class 16-35/24-70/70-200 trio, a 14-24 or 11-24-class UWA, a sharp 100-400 or equivalent, tilt-shifts and primes in the Zeiss Otus or Sigma Art 50/1.4 class, it's just not very interesting.

skierd:
You mean like the DFA 15-30, 24-70, DFA* 70-200, DFA 150-450, the FA limited's (31 f1.8, 43 f1.9, and 77 f1.8), and the DA*55 f1.4?  If you don't mind using older lenses there are some great FA* primes and tele-zooms too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version