Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: P6000 vs P7000?  (Read 12676 times)

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: P6000 vs P7000?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »

I know the Decision One guys care less about who's paper it is especially after the warranty is up.
Just had the service guy here for 2 appointments in 3 weeks and all the canvas we ran was Lexjet and Breathing Color. Never said a word.
Ink carts in the printer were refillables at the time of service as well.
I of course paid them $3000 too.  :-[

Garnick

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 01:43:11 pm »

I know the Decision One guys care less about who's paper it is especially after the warranty is up.
Just had the service guy here for 2 appointments in 3 weeks and all the canvas we ran was Lexjet and Breathing Color. Never said a word.
Ink carts in the printer were refillables at the time of service as well.
I of course paid them $3000 too.  :-[

Hi Dan,

Yes, I agree.  I mentioned that I use all Epson Papers, but I also use B.C. Canvases, which shall be out of sight if I require a service call.  I'll keep an open box of the Epson Canvas on my shelf of course, like a good boy. It would seem that Epson is becoming more stringent in their warranty by insisting that we all conform to the Epson brand for EVERYTHING!  Of course I will also be extending the warranty as long as possible, so I think I'd better play their game, or at least pretend to do so.  We shall see how it goes.

Gary 

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »

Hi Dan,

Yes, I agree.  I mentioned that I use all Epson Papers, but I also use B.C. Canvases, which shall be out of sight if I require a service call.  I'll keep an open box of the Epson Canvas on my shelf of course, like a good boy. It would seem that Epson is becoming more stringent in their warranty by insisting that we all conform to the Epson brand for EVERYTHING!  Of course I will also be extending the warranty as long as possible, so I think I'd better play their game, or at least pretend to do so.  We shall see how it goes.

Gary

Gary, this business really bothers me. On the one hand I can understand that Epson wants to understand how their printers perform in customers' hands using their own media because they know the specs etc. BUT this should not mean they won't honour warranties or provide service in general if one uses third party media whose specs are similar enough to Epson paper specs that the printer should be able to handle them. One of the key attributes of a professional printer in my books is that it can handle a wide variety of media which respects the media feeding tolerances the machine was designed for, regardless of the brand name. Many of these papers are anyhow so similar and often made in the same factories with minor differences of chemistry or finish and another brand name on the box.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up