Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ALPA & Hasselblad collaboration & (lots) ALPA new products at Kina...  (Read 7007 times)

Theodoros

The announcement on Hasselblad's page has like this...

"Hasselblad x ALPA: Sharing Expertise

Hasselblad and Swiss camera maker ALPA have formed a collaboration allowing an unprecedented exchange of expertise and technical information. With a shared philosophy of superior design and precision engineering the partnership grants ALPA access to Hasselblad’s technical documentation regarding their cameras and lenses. It allows ALPA to adapt its technical cameras to achieve optimal system compatibility and integration.

The partnership enables optimised integration of all ALPA technical cameras with both Hasselblad digital backs from the H System and CFV as well as Hasselblad HC/HCD lenses."

There already was a Hasselblad H mount available for ALPA cameras, but it seems that Hasselblad is now providing to ALPA the full latest interface communication for the lenses and the backs, as it is on the H6D camera... 

EDIT: The will of Hasselblad as to provide solutions for all tasks related to imaging by collaborating with companies that specialize on other than "conventional use of a DSLR" is more than obvious...

Other than that, ALPA is presenting a ton of new products at Photokina that will undoubtedly affect the future of high end photography: http://www.alpa.ch/en/site/photokina-2016-en
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:31:32 am by Theodoros »

Theodoros

Re: Official collaboration agreement between ALPA & Hasselblad...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 08:36:31 am »

I suppose the collaboration means that one can now use different makers lenses than Hasselblad H on Hasselblad backs and vise versa...

It also means that ALPA can now do 4k RAW large format video, with shifts and a ton of different lenses to choose from...

It also means that one can now use Hasselblad leaf shutter lenses with ALPA's focal plane shutter...

Very interesting indeed...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 09:32:24 am »

Does this also mean that Hasselblad announced a battery solution for the 100mp back that allows it to be used on a tech camera?  I have been away from all the news for a while and may have missed that. But as I recall back in June there was no solution for this if I remember correctly. But one was to follow.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 10:41:10 am »

Hi,

Not a lot of info about that cooperation at the Alpa site, but possibly it could mean full electronic integration of the Hasselblad rear and front end stuff with Alpa-FPS.

Best regards
Erik

Does this also mean that Hasselblad announced a battery solution for the 100mp back that allows it to be used on a tech camera?  I have been away from all the news for a while and may have missed that. But as I recall back in June there was no solution for this if I remember correctly. But one was to follow.

Paul C
Erik Kaffehr

Theodoros

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 11:42:58 am »

Hi,

Not a lot of info about that cooperation at the Alpa site, but possibly it could mean full electronic integration of the Hasselblad rear and front end stuff with Alpa-FPS.

Best regards
Erik

All that can be concluded, is that future and current compatibility and operation is guaranteed... I guess that one can just replace the H6 body with an ALPA and have the ultimate mirrorless made, yet retaining the full functioning of the back's abilities/specification... As I understand it, one will even be able to use the HTS 1.5 on the Alpa and add further movement abilities on it....

EDIT: Heck... Can't wait to see ALPA FPS-12 used for 4K raw video in Hollywood with Rodenstock/Schneider lenses on...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:48:42 am by Theodoros »

Joe Towner

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 12:00:24 pm »

Paul C

The 100c has the same side plugs as the 50c, so there's a DC tap that'll power it (rather than the under body battery holder that was $$).
t: @PNWMF

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 12:22:09 pm »

The 100c has the same side plugs as the 50c, so there's a DC tap that'll power it (rather than the under body battery holder that was $$).

Joe,

Thanks, for the info.  Not personally my first choice for field use, but looks like it will work just fine.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Theodoros

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:24:49 pm »

It may as well mean, that there will be an ALPA adapter with CPU contacts on, that will enable the back to be powered by ALPA's own battery...  It looks to me that this is the most likely to be true scenario. Both company announcements lead to the conclusion that ALPA bodies will be (just) interchangeable with H bodies and one will be able to retain the rest of the system (lenses, backs) as is...

yongfei

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 11:37:11 pm »

Hasselblad may add Alpa lens support in Phocus.

Joe Towner

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 01:00:40 am »

It may as well mean, that there will be an ALPA adapter with CPU contacts on, that will enable the back to be powered by ALPA's own battery...  It looks to me that this is the most likely to be true scenario. Both company announcements lead to the conclusion that ALPA bodies will be (just) interchangeable with H bodies and one will be able to retain the rest of the system (lenses, backs) as is...

Only Alpa I can think of with a battery is the FPS.  If anything, it reaffirms a market for an elegant external battery setup.
t: @PNWMF

Theodoros

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 06:21:07 pm »

Only Alpa I can think of with a battery is the FPS.  If anything, it reaffirms a market for an elegant external battery setup.

Yes... there is no other ALPA that has electronics integrated into the body, is there? Therefore the collaboration can only apply to the FPS and future ALPAs, since it is for "full lens and backs interface communication with bodies...

BUT.... look at that (new) http://www.alpa.ch/en/site/workarounds
and then...  http://www.alpa.ch/en/site/alpa-silex-the-new-swiss-knife ...every ALPA can now be converted to a fully electronic device!  ;)

gmfotografie

• gmfotografie
Re: ALPA & Hasselblad collaboration & (lots) ALPA new products at Kina...
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 09:48:01 am »

amazing - that means i can you use an alpa stc or max with this device in combination - for example - with canon lenses?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:21:41 pm by gmfotografie »

marc aurel

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 10:32:27 am »

I don't think so. At least not for stills, - this device has no shutter (as in the alpa fps). As far as I understand you can only use it for video with canon lenses (or Contax 645 or Nikon PC-E).

amazing - that means i can you an alsp stc or max with this device in combination with for example canon lenses?

Theodoros

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 02:29:08 pm »

I think that ALPA is clear on their text for the SILEX... It is intended to give the possibilities of the FPS to any other ALPA camera, as long as leaf shutter lenses are used (because the other than FPS Alpas don't have a focal plane shutter built in the body)...

I think it is a product that is a consequence of the collaboration agreement with Hasselblad (HC & HCD lenses are specifically mentioned in the text) as to give the opportunity to all existing ALPA users to have access to Hasselblad backs and lenses... and then what ever else is compatible...

Theodoros

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 08:39:28 pm »

What I find most interesting out of all of the Alpa's announcements. is the SERPENT bellows camera... http://www.alpa.ch/en/site/photokina-2016-alpa-modularizes-the-bellows ....a completely modular, compact, bellows camera.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2016, 09:03:50 pm »

Mix and match Hassy lenses with their shutters and Phase backs - the mind boggles :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Theodoros

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016, 09:41:40 pm »

Mix and match Hassy lenses with their shutters and Phase backs - the mind boggles :)

Edmund

Actually I think the "move" of Hasselblad is brilliant from a strategic point of view... They are expanding with collaboration to makers that they had very little penetration up to now without opposing or blocking competition, but instead, by offering better integration and functionality as well as better pricing... Not to mention abilities (with the HTS, video, film & multishot they offer on top of competition)...

I guess that if ALPA was satisfied with what they where offering to their customers up to now, they wouldn't sign a collaboration agreement with Hasselblad... would they?

eronald

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016, 11:18:25 pm »

Actually I think the "move" of Hasselblad is brilliant from a strategic point of view... They are expanding with collaboration to makers that they had very little penetration up to now without opposing or blocking competition, but instead, by offering better integration and functionality as well as better pricing... Not to mention abilities (with the HTS, video, film & multishot they offer on top of competition)...

I guess that if ALPA was satisfied with what they where offering to their customers up to now, they wouldn't sign a collaboration agreement with Hasselblad... would they?

I think Alpa want to be friends with everyone :)
They supply a solution for special needs. Like Switzerland, I guess :)
Have they already announced support of the Sinar back and Leica lenses? One would expect that too eventually :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 04:28:08 am »

On the other hand, what would they gain by being exclusive to P1?

It appears to be simply in their best interest to serve the customers of all MF camera systems.

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 07:46:12 am »

I think that ALPA is clear on their text for the SILEX... It is intended to give the possibilities of the FPS to any other ALPA camera, as long as leaf shutter lenses are used (because the other than FPS Alpas don't have a focal plane shutter built in the body)...

I think it is a product that is a consequence of the collaboration agreement with Hasselblad (HC & HCD lenses are specifically mentioned in the text) as to give the opportunity to all existing ALPA users to have access to Hasselblad backs and lenses... and then what ever else is compatible...

Let's not forget that electronic (sensor) shutter is coming.

Edmund
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up