Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to transfer RAW images taken with the iPhone (LR2.5/iOS10) to the computer  (Read 8411 times)

jsch

Hi,

Lightroom mobile 2.5 on the iPhone with iOS 10 allows to capture RAW images with the iPhone. How can I transfer the RAWs from the iPhone to the MacBook?

The following doesn't work:

These RAW captures can be seen in Lightroom mobile but not in the camera roll. So if I connect the iPhone with the MacBook they don't show up in the Photos app on the MacBook. If I share the RAWs from LR mobile with the camera roll or via email, LR mobile sends a jpeg to share.

Sync via WLAN also doesn't transfer the RAWs to the MacBook. It jpegs it syncs.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Johannes

John Nollendorfs

Yep, too bad Apple doesn't want to include an expansion slot for micro SD card to store photos, music, etc. I think it's a security concern on their part, or part of the memory ripoff game.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:40:17 am by John Nollendorfs »

Telecaster

I'll bet using iCloud does the trick. But you'd need to sign up for iCloud.  :)

-Dave-

donbga

Hi,

Lightroom mobile 2.5 on the iPhone with iOS 10 allows to capture RAW images with the iPhone. How can I transfer the RAWs from the iPhone to the MacBook?

The following doesn't work:

These RAW captures can be seen in Lightroom mobile but not in the camera roll. So if I connect the iPhone with the MacBook they don't show up in the Photos app on the MacBook. If I share the RAWs from LR mobile with the camera roll or via email, LR mobile sends a jpeg to share.

Sync via WLAN also doesn't transfer the RAWs to the MacBook. It jpegs it syncs.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Johannes
Google Drive! :D

Telecaster

No. Adobe Creative Cloud is necessary. As far as I know. I don't see a way to do it with iCloud.

Ah, I misunderstood the part about using LR Mobile. Nevertheless, I've found that iCloud's backup function makes copies of things (like FLAC music files) that can only be accessed via 3rd party apps. This could be the case here as well.

-Dave-

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com

I recently installed IOS 10 on the 6s.  I use Procamera app to shoot, which can record a Raw and jpg image.  Display them on the Lightbox inside Procamera, or choose to save them to the camera roll directly.  Attach the phone to my desktop and LR see both images and then import .  I do not use Lr mobile.

I look forward to when one access the raw directly from the iphone camera app--this would save some steps.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

FrankG

I'm also trying to figure it out (see my post). Maybe a wireless hard drive+app. There are a few for sale under iPad accessories on the Apple site. Like Sandisk Connect which is wireless and has a USB connection for your computer. And an app to manage the transfers. No first hand experience though.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography

The Sandisk usb drive with lightning connector is useless. You can only access the files in the Sandisk folder and that has issues. The wireless version may work better, I do not know.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus

How about using Dropbox app on the phone or similar?  Can the raw files be directly exported to another app like that?
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

Dr Tone

Latest version of LR Mobile allows you to export the dng file to the Camera Roll.  At that point you can use your regular method of getting images off the iPhone.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com

I shot a bunch of raw images using LR mobile.  I now want to get them into LR  on  my desktop and am not using the cloud.  There should be a way to export the DNG file  to the camera role on the iphone but I am not seeing how to do this.

Please give me a detailed procedure to get this done

Thanks

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Select the photo, tap the Share button.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com

After Hitting "share", pick Export original".  Then a dng file is moved to the camera role and is imported.  I can not select a group of shots and then do the same.  I have to hit "share" first. the select a group and then only a jpeg file is moved to the camera role.

There should be a way to move a group of DNGs insted of moving one at a time.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Immediately after you tap Share, you swipe over the thumbnails? That should allow you to select multiple items. But does that not offer to share in original format?

I suggest this, but cannot test it myself - phone's too old.

John

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com

NO. What comes up is window asking what size image to transfer.  After selecting "maximum", only a jpeg is transferred.  The option to transfer the Original image does not appear, as it does with transferring a single image.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

cortlander

Very easy with the ImageCapture utility that comes with MacOS
cortlander
Pages: [1]   Go Up