Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Date in Metadata  (Read 1294 times)

Jens Peermann

Changing Date in Metadata
« on: September 11, 2016, 01:51:04 pm »

My Sony a6300 went nuts yesterday and wrote the date as 01/01/2016 into the metadata of all images I took. Is there a way to correct that in C1?

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
Re: Changing Date in Metadata
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:55:04 pm »

My Sony a6300 went nuts yesterday and wrote the date as 01/01/2016 into the metadata of all images I took. Is there a way to correct that in C1?

No. C1 treats RAW files as uneditable.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 07:22:40 am »

Hi Jens,

Depends on where in the Metadata it got written. If it is an editable field, e.g. IPTC data then probably yes, but if it's in the files OS/filestructure metadata then you need other tools.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jens Peermann

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:21:01 am »

Thanks for the help. I found that changing the date in the sidecar file using a text editor and then re-loading the image into C1 does work. But there are 4 date entries in each file and there's about 200 images. A lot of work…

Manoli

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 03:59:17 am »

'The Ultimate File & Photo Tweaking Tool .
http://www.publicspace.net/ABetterFinderAttributes/index.html

' A Better Finder Attributes 6 allows you to manipulate JPEG, CR2, NEF, ARF, RAF, SR2, CRW & CIFF EXIF timestamps at will by setting them to specific times or batch adjusting them by adding and removing time (useful for correcting the timestamps of images taken with a digital camera with a incorrectly set clock and to compensate for timezone changes).'

IanSeward

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 11:39:25 am »

Thanks for the help. I found that changing the date in the sidecar file using a text editor and then re-loading the image into C1 does work. But there are 4 date entries in each file and there's about 200 images. A lot of work…

For future reference ExifToolGUI v5.16 will allow you to change the info in the raw file so that if the files are read by other software they will have the correct date.  You can also change the date created, file date and modified date at the same time to bring all the time data into step.  A most useful piece of software and it is free.

http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/exiftool/forum/index.php?topic=2750.0

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up