Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elinchrom Digital RX1200 Problem  (Read 2199 times)

Geocolor

Elinchrom Digital RX1200 Problem
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »

When the Digital RX1200 generator fires the studio electrical panel's main circuit breaker cuts off all electrical power in studio. I've tried both ports with different lamp heads and the problem remains. It seems like α generator's short circuit or overload issue. There is no problem with any of my other generators (Profoto 8A and  Broncolors). Could someone provide an advice?

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Elinchrom Digital RX1200 Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 05:19:17 pm »

When the Digital RX1200 generator fires the studio electrical panel's main circuit breaker cuts off all electrical power in studio. I've tried both ports with different lamp heads and the problem remains. It seems like α generator's short circuit or overload issue. There is no problem with any of my other generators (Profoto 8A and  Broncolors). Could someone provide an advice?
I had exactly the same problem on an earlier model Chic 2. It was faulty capacitors in the power supply. Ring the agent and find out where to take it. (Or sell it to me if it's 240V.)
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Geocolor

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 07:09:09 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion. I called my dealer and on Monday I'll take it to Service which happens to be located just few metro stops from my place.

Geocolor

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 12:39:36 pm »

Sent it to service 4 weeks ago they said they were going to check it and call me, they never did it, I called them three times no specific answer just "excuses" so I decided today to get it back and try another service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up