Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP APS problems  (Read 1294 times)

iulian_stanea

HP APS problems
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:29:45 am »

Hi guys!

I bought a z3200 44" from HP on your recommendations on this forum and I found out afterwards that it doesn't bundle the APS.
So... I bought an APS kit on ebay and here's when the problems started. I installed the latest software (the link on the CD is no longer working - obviously) and i tried to activate it. On my Win7 work laptop it crashes no matter what ( preg.exe crashes actually) and on the Win 10 PC (where I actually need it) it doesn't activate. I tried a huge mix of compatibility settings and so far the only one that worked was leaving HP APS.exe alone and setting preg.exe to run in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode. This way it says it activates and but when I try to create a profile it switches back to demo mode

The question is has anyone managed to get it working on Win 10 64 bit? And if so, how did you do it?

Sorry for the rant and thanks :)

iulian_stanea

Re: HP APS problems
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 06:59:01 am »

OK... I've made some prograss but I really need some help.
I found out (on this forum) where the software puts the key file:
On Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP-APS
On Win 7: C:\ProgramData\HP-APS

My big question is now what's the format of the key-file. So if any of you guys could send me the contents of the registation.key file at any of those locations I would gratly appreciate it. If / when I manage to make it work I'll post it here and hopefully we'll all get rid of the need to register via the X-rite/HP maze of ever-changing sites.

Also, the serial number of your i1 would also help along with the contents of the key file.
Mine for instance is 652033

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up