Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-use of an old HP B 9180 printer.  (Read 491 times)

Rob C

Re-use of an old HP B 9180 printer.
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:01:10 am »

My printer - an HP B9180 - gave me very n¡ce black/whites, and currently lies doing nothing but fill space on the desk.

Does anyone have an idea if there's another route, with that printer, to getting black/white prints since HP abandoned support for it? I've posted here before about that printer, asking for suggested replacement printer suggestions, and got some helpful advice.

However, my enquiry then was originally from the point of view of making colour prints too. I've come to the conclusion that I am really no longer interested in colour printing, and want to concentrate on back/white, revealing the atavistic nature of this old photographer!

I've read what I can find on Pietzo printing, looked at their website, and discovered that they only work with Epson printers, which is not my situation. Is there any alternative set of inks (not colour) that can be had to work on that machine? Any other route to getting great b/white is of interest, of course, but limited to said HP machine - for now.

Thanks -

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up