Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF Pro-2000  (Read 5736 times)

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Canon IPF Pro-2000
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:07:55 pm »

Hi,

I had to recycle two printers and decided to get the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 (will have to wait about 10 weeks as it is not yet available in Mexico) and I have a question to it in regard to border less printing on sheet paper.

I think I have read somewhere that it is not possible or did I read wrong or did Canon change the dirvers to enable border less printing on sheet paper ?

Thanks for your comments in advance
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Re: Canon IPF Pro-2000
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 04:43:50 pm »

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to ask what are the minimum margins. Just read through the PDF User Manual but did not find any info

Thanks in advance and regards
 I am here for

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:46:40 pm »

It's physically impossible to print borderless on sheet paper from iPF PRO-2000, period.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 05:29:25 pm »

Yes, you need roll paper for borderless. If you want borderless sheet printing you need a PRO-1000

This from my reviews of the 2000 with roll paper and the 1000 with sheet

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 05:39:14 pm »

Yes, you need roll paper for borderless. If you want borderless sheet printing you need a PRO-1000

This from my reviews of the 2000 with roll paper and the 1000 with sheet

Hi Keith,

Thanks a lot for your clear answer.

I read your excellent review about the IPF PRO-2000 and it confirmed me that I am making the right choice.

I was at a reseller show on Friday and made some tests on a PRO-1000 as well as a IPF 785 but buying the IPF 785 would have meant to get an old printer and possibly outdated in 4-5 years whereas the PRO-2000 I expect from Canon to keep it alive at least for the next 8 - 10 years ¿? but far more then the IPF 670 or 785. The prints of the 785 where really good but buying an outdated printer even if at a good price will cost me more in future, so waiting 10 weeks if the least problem.  ;)

I had an Epson 7500 as well as an Epson 2200 but had to bury them due to NO availability of ink cartridges anymore and I did not want to search for alternative ink systems as I already had made a bad experience ...

Again thanks  :)

Saludos Rainer
 I am here for

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 06:51:28 pm »

I have some issues buying the IPF PRO-2000 here in Mexico and was looking at the EPSON 6000 and read in the brochure about black INK switching times and ink consumption when the EPSON 6000 does ir.

How about the IPF PRO-2000. Does it have a switching time or does it have separate nozzles for each of the Black Ink type ?

Thanks
 I am here for

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:27:52 am »

I have some issues buying the IPF PRO-2000 here in Mexico and was looking at the EPSON 6000 and read in the brochure about black INK switching times and ink consumption when the EPSON 6000 does ir.

How about the IPF PRO-2000. Does it have a switching time or does it have separate nozzles for each of the Black Ink type ?

Thanks

It has separate channels for each black as well as many other advantages. I just got my new PRO-4000 a couple of days ago and really love this printer <3

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:55:12 pm »

Hi Marcin,

¿ will you use it for driving downtown too ?   ;D

Thanks for the information. Well now there is the question if that is an advnatage or a disadvantage having separate channels dfor the inks. What about clogging after a time when one of those channels are not used for a long time ?

The EPSON 6000 uses some proud amount of ink I would say and takes some time to switch ink types but doinbg a well planned printing plan can make it acceptable to eventually clogged printing nozzles.

Not an easy to answer issue.
 I am here for

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 02:37:58 pm »

iPF never ever clogs, period.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »

iPF never ever clogs, period.

Thanks, period.
 I am here for

HowardG

• http://www.hgrillphotographic.com
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 01:13:59 pm »

I believe if nozzles clog (in a permanent way) they get remapped because of all the extra nozzles.  When enough clog that there are no more available for remapping its replacement time. That is my understanding, though there is the ability to do head cleaning. I presume that is for nozzles that might not permanently clog.  I have intermittently run nozzle checks in the month or two that I have had the machine and have yet to have a nozzle check pattern that isn't perfect. Just moved over to an IPG 2000 from the Epson 7900.

Howard

Landscapes

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 03:46:25 pm »

I'm not sure about the 2000, but for the iPF6400 and earlier models, you can do a nozzle check from the service menu which shows you each nozzle as is without remapping.  The traditional nozzle check you get from the menu in regular mode shows much less nozzles.  Of course if its a perfect pattern then all is good, but you have no idea what the status is for all nozzles.  Mind you, I don't know how to exactly read the service mode nozzle check pattern (ie. how many missing can there be in any one color), but at least it gives a slight better idea about the health of the printhead.

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 04:09:42 pm »

I'm not sure about the 2000, but for the iPF6400 and earlier models, you can do a nozzle check from the service menu (...)

That is my current "problem" with Canon. The new line of printers (pro 1000, 2000 & 4000) does not have a service menu. They do have a service mode with all the usual functions but you cannot use it as a printer menu like we used to do. The new service mode and its functions is only accessible through a computer running a special software that is exclusive for Canon techs (with controlled activation by Canon). So... for now we will not have access to the service mode functions, including the complete nozzle check and maintenance tank reset.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:44:21 pm by Geraldo Garcia »

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Re: Canon IPF Pro-2000 service mode
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 04:34:14 pm »

There -is- a start-up sequence (buttons/tapping the screen) for the PRO-2000 that puts you in service mode...

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 04:49:56 pm »

There -is- a start-up sequence (buttons/tapping the screen) for the PRO-2000 that puts you in service mode...
But can you access the service mode options through the printer's panel like previous IPF printers?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 05:12:06 pm »

But can you access the service mode options through the printer's panel like previous IPF printers?
Yes, only the PRO-1000 doesn't have service menu

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 11:39:27 pm »

Yes, only the PRO-1000 doesn't have service menu
Ahh! This is a "not so bad" bad news!
Thanks Marcin.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »

Hi everybody and thanks for this interesting idea exchange.

I decided yesterday to go with the EPSON SC P7000.

Reason ?

Not technically, but due to the very bad customer service response with Canon here in Mexico, many promises and very late solutions, I did not want to get into trouble in case some after sales service is required and me sitting here waiting for solutions based on promises.
 I am here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up