Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Adjustments - Green or Magenta shades  (Read 1911 times)

charles.woodrich

Image Adjustments - Green or Magenta shades
« on: September 03, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »

Hello!
This is kind of difficult to explain; easier to show.  I'd guess on 50% of my images, when moving the adjustment sliders (doesn't matter which one) the image temporarily turn a shade of green or magenta and then the color caste goes away once the adjustment is complete.  It's annoying because I can't see the gradual shifts in the adjustment.  I'm guessing it's an equipment issue, but can't be certain.  I'm using a Mac Book Pro (early 2015); i7 processor; 16GB RAM; Graphics Intel Iris 6100 1.6GB; and I'm using C1 Pro.  Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?

Charlie
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:44:41 pm by charles.woodrich@gmail.com »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Image Adjustments - Green or Magenta shades
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 05:58:11 am »

Hello!
This is kind of difficult to explain; easier to show.  I'd guess on 50% of my images, when moving the adjustment sliders (doesn't matter which one) the image temporarily turn a shade of green or magenta and then the color caste goes away once the adjustment is complete.  It's annoying because I can't see the gradual shifts in the adjustment.  I'm guessing it's an equipment issue, but can't be certain.  I'm using a Mac Book Pro (early 2015); i7 processor; 16GB RAM; Graphics Intel Iris 6100 1.6GB; and I'm using C1 Pro.  Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?

Hi Charlie,

Have you tried if (temporarily) switching off the display acceleration makes any difference?

I'm not a Mac user, but I've read that your Mac Book Pro model probably uses automatic switching between GPUs. If switching off of hardware acceleration makes a difference, then it might help to switch off the automatic switching between GPUs and if possible manually select which GPU to use.

Apparently for that you'd need to go to the Energy management panel  and switch off automatic Video choice or something called like that. That option is apparently only available on  systems with multiple GPUs. I have no idea how you can select which to use, as I said, I don't use an MBP.

Also don't hesitate to raise a support case with Capture One support, if they get enough reports, they'll prioritize to solve it.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

charles.woodrich

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 09:16:25 am »

Thanks Bart!  Evidently on the 15" and 17" Mac Book Pro models you have the ability to switch off automatic graphics switching .  Unfortunately I have the 13" for travel purposes, and it lacks this switching ability.  So I guess I'm stuck with what I've got.  Not sure I'm going to a Mac the next time around.

mediumcool

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:02 am »

Suggested work-around. Push the [whichever] slider to where you want to go, and hit RETURN. Then, inspect the screen image; to toggle between that view and the previous setting (only one tool at a time) Option-click the reset icon—see below.

Another option (ha!) is to clone a frame and select the two so they display side-by-side—or one over the other; you can then modify the clone as you wish while comparing it to the “before”. When satisfied with the results, I copy the clone’s settings to the Adjustment clipboard, move the clone to the trash, and paste the settings into the original file. The bigger the monitor the better!

FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

N80

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:01 pm »

I notice a similar event on my new 27" iMac Retina, but it is not a color cast that I see. As mentioned, hard to explain. It happens very fast but there is quick  tonal shift that is different from the original and the final result of the slider change. It isn't a deal breaker but it is an aggravation and makes it harder to see precisely the effect of your change especially when you are trying to see the effect of subtle changes.
George

"What is truth?" Pontius  Pilate

charles.woodrich

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 12:24:13 pm »

Medium Cool - thanks for this, but the shade shift is only for a second or two, so I don't think it's worth a lot of extra work.  It's just annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up