Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with "Advance Media Handling" settings for Canson Baryta Photographique?  (Read 1227 times)

uintaangler

I have been trying to work through a problem that just cropped up on my Epson 4900
I am getting Horizontal bands through my entire prints
Spoke to Epson and Breathing Color - I have a roll of Vibrance Metallic that I loaded to see how it was affected as the original problem occurred using Canson Baryta Photographique sheets
Epson and breathing Color both feel the problem is due to Paper Handling settings and I was able to get better results with the Vibrance Metallic after a few emails and test prints - but this paper isn't right for what I am printing right now
Epson pushed me to try their media as the printer driver would already have the correct settings
I purchased a roll of Hot Press Bright and the two prints I finished do seem to be "bandless", BUT
I would really like these prints better on the Canson Baryta Photographique, BUT

I can't find the information I need to set these sliders in the correct place....

COLOR DENSITY - slider goes from -80 to + 50
DRYING TIME PER HEAD PASS - slider goes from 0 to + 50
PAPER FEED ADJUSTMENT - slider goes from -70 to + 70 - I think this is the most important one!
PAPER THICKNESS - measured in 0.1mm - also important
PAPER SUCTION - Standard to -4
PLATEN GAP - Auto, Wider, Wide, Standard, Narrow
ROLL PAPER BACK TENSION - Auto, Normal, High, Extra High

If anybody who uses this paper on a 4900 can help me with these settings, I will be eternally grateful to you, or even just point me to where I can find the information - I didn't find it on the Canson website and it is not in the pdf that downloads with the ICC profile

Thanks.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com

Try using the Epson Legacy Baryta Media Type setting in the 4900 driver (assuming you have installed the latest driver version which has it) and see what this does both for the banding problem and colour/tone rendition printing on your Canson Baryta Photographique paper.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

uintaangler

Mark, I did download the latest driver, at your suggestion.
So I'll give this a try.
Thanks.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor

You are welcome. Once you've tested this, please let us know what you think.

uintaangler

Frustrating  :-\  :-X  :o  >:(
Attempting to do as suggested - SEE ABOVE posts - and when I hit Print - I have now seen this for 8 consecutive times....
Paper Setting Error
Check the paper source in your driver settings or reload paper correctly

I have checked everything and can't imagine what I am doing wrong?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor

If you are loading sheets into the top sheet feeder, where you do the Page Set-Up set the media size to the correct paper size along with "Sheet-Maximum" in the driver. This usually fixes that problem.

uintaangler

If you are loading sheets into the top sheet feeder, where you do the Page Set-Up set the media size to the correct paper size along with "Sheet-Maximum" in the driver. This usually fixes that problem.

Thanks, again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up