Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shutterbugs  (Read 875 times)

seamus finn

Shutterbugs
« on: September 01, 2016, 07:28:32 am »

-

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Shutterbugs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:33:33 am »

Good shot, Seamus. Love the kid looking on with that grin. That's really antique stuff on the table.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

seamus finn

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 11:25:47 am »

Russ, a London market stall.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 12:21:34 pm »

That's what happens when shops can't keep paying rent and, of course, it's a wonderful way for the black economy to flourish! Having said which, I'm surprised the guy finds customers - regardless of pricing. Who'da thunk!

But hey, no buggy whips yet!

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 12:49:37 pm »

A photographer friend just agreed to pay US$45 for one (1) roll of 616 format film. Plus US$35 shipping. She may end up paying another $25 import tax, depending on the mood of the customs people.

Just a matter of capturing the fashion. Or the Zeitgeist, or having the right facial hair, or something.

mbaginy

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 01:07:27 pm »

I'm a sucker for analog, mechanical cameras.  But I resist buying any today.  Until about four years ago I had a nice collection of Kodak Retina cameras (MF, RFs and SLRs).

Why collect them?  About 25 years ago I traveled to Switzerland and unfortunately dropped my shoulder bag with Leicaflex and four lenses down a ravine.  All was lost and I ended up photographing with a Rolleiflex TLR.  Great images!  Used the (damned expensive) Kodachrome 64 roll film.  Back home, I dusted off a Retina SLR and four lenses and actually used the gear.  I was stunned with the image quality!  The Schneider lenses were absolutely wonderful.  I've seldom found such color rendition and contrast - far more pleasing than the Spotmatic F and lenses I still had or the Canon EAE1 and lenses.  I fell in love with the Kodak Retinas and began collecting.

The only analog cameras I now own are a Leicaflex with 50/2, Yashica Lynx 14E and a pin hole camera.  I'm getting rid of unnecessary stuff.  I seldom shoot film today.

By the way - nice photo, Seamus!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:30:49 am by Mike D. B. »

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 03:33:59 pm »

I'm a sucker for analog, mechanical cameras.  But I resist buying any today.  Until about four years ago I had a nice collection of Kodak Retina cameras (MF, RFs and SLRs).

Why collect them?  About 25 years ago I traveled to Switzerland and unfortunately dropped my shoulder bar with Leicaflex and four lenses down a ravine.  All was lost and I ended up photographing with a Rolleiflex TLR.  Great images!  Used the (damned expensive) Kodachrome 64 roll film.  Back home, I dusted off a Retina SLR and four lenses and actually used the gear.  I was stunned with the image quality!  The Schneider lenses were absolutely wonderful.  I've seldom found such color rendition and contrast - far more pleasing than the Spotmatic F and lenses I still had or the Canon EAE1 and lenses.  I fell in love with the Kodak Retinas and began collecting.

The only analog cameras I now own are a Leicaflex with 50/2, Yashica Lynx 14E and a pin hole camera.  I'm getting rid of unnecessary stuff.  I seldom shoot film today.

By the way - nice photo, Seamus!

Good company: both William Klein and Ernst Haas are/were into both Leica M and reflex...

I almost bought an R6 once, but as I already had a pretty extensive Nikon armoury, it really would have been just an aberration. I think that somewhere in the pile of stuff in a cabinet a brochure for the R6.2 still lurks.

Rob

BobDavid

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »

+1   I'm glad I wasn't there. I would have blown a year's worth of allowance money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up