Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar at Photokina 2016 - What's new product hides the red cloth?  (Read 3975 times)

Chris G

Chris G

Theodoros

Re: Sinar at Photokina 2016 - What's new product hides the red cloth?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:00:15 pm »

I think Sinar's future is pretty much described in the statement they include on the invitation... "New Sinar products show cooperative synergies achieved with Leica." they say.... Other than that, they clearly use the term "new products"... so whatever (innovative) is under the red dot/cloth is only one of them...

Bo_Dez

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 05:04:15 pm »

Looks like a digital back with the form and shape of a 5x4 Double Dark Cut Film Holder. That would be innovative!

Chris G

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »

The Sinar with supported by Leica, work to develop new Sinarback models, new viewcamera, improving digital shutter (already announced), redesign and improvement of Captrureflow software (current version 1.4.1 has improved of performance & stability, has new color algorithm, by basICColor, for creative profiles encoded in ICC v4, new automatic detection of color-targets, new timer function to shoot a sequence of images).

You can see the relevant newsletter sent by Sinar a year ago, in August '15, here:
http://sinarphotographyag.cmail1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/65F8455121E22DBE2540EF23F30FEDED/2817798AD7E5B65446778398EADC2510

These new products will be presented by Sinar at Photokina.
Chris G

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:08:17 pm »

The Sinar with supported by Leica, work to develop new Sinarback models, new viewcamera, improving digital shutter (already announced), redesign and improvement of Captrureflow software (current version 1.4.1 has improved of performance & stability, has new color algorithm, by basICColor, for creative profiles encoded in ICC v4, new automatic detection of color-targets, new timer function to shoot a sequence of images).

Wondering whether their new back is going to use the Sony sensors or whether they worked with CmosIS to develop something different. Who knows, possibly with a larger sensor.

Cheers,
Bernard

Theodoros

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:19:13 am »

Wondering whether their new back is going to use the Sony sensors or whether they worked with CmosIS to develop something different. Who knows, possibly with a larger sensor.

Cheers,
Bernard

My opinion on the matter, is that all Leica group will stick around the 6μm pixel size chips of their own for all their FF & MF sensors. Addressing to the pro based on pixel count, is the worst decision they could ever make....

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 02:47:13 am »

My opinion on the matter, is that all Leica group will stick around the 6μm pixel size chips of their own for all their FF & MF sensors. Addressing to the pro based on pixel count, is the worst decision they could ever make....

Even if that were true, they may have considered having CMOSIS design a larger ship for them for tech camera usage. Nobody knows how the CMOSIS design works with movements, but who knows?

Cheers,
Bernard

Theodoros

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 03:46:37 am »

Even if that were true, they may have considered having CMOSIS design a larger ship for them for tech camera usage. Nobody knows how the CMOSIS design works with movements, but who knows?

Cheers,
Bernard

The 6μm pixel pitch chip used on the S-007 has been designed having the use with movements in mind, this has been proved since Sinar offers the Sinar P3 Dslr/Leica S combination as standard product... The thing is that because of the mirrorbox, the system can't work with wider lenses. Resizing the chip (slightly) to 36x48mm and using it on the 86H & eXact backs, would end up to the backs having exactly the same resolution as they now have... Lets not forget that the CCD chips the backs currently have are no longer in production from Teledyne/Dalsa.... 

OTOH, the Leica SL is the ideal camera to use on a view camera... The mount is 6mm wider that a Sony α7 and the grip is quite distant from the mount, which makes it easy to recess it in the bellows space... Also... there is an SL mount  to S lens adapter which provides full interface communication with wide image circle lenses... Therefore, an S lens mount Sinar technical camera with SL used for image area is quite feasible if the same adapter's interface is used on the camera's frames via a flex cable... All the above is to be (naturally) expected from Leica/Sinar...

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if a multishot version of the SL is on the works by Leica as to complete the above picture... Lets not forget that other than the Leica S lenses, the Contax 645 lenses and the Hasselblad H lenses would also be adaptable on the lens board of such a system (via the Leica C & H adapters for the S) and then only the aperture would be required to be operative (no AF, no LS)...

JV

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 10:53:12 am »

The 6μm pixel pitch chip used on the S-007 has been designed having the use with movements in mind, this has been proved since Sinar offers the Sinar P3 Dslr/Leica S combination as standard product... The thing is that because of the mirrorbox, the system can't work with wider lenses. Resizing the chip (slightly) to 36x48mm and using it on the 86H & eXact backs, would end up to the backs having exactly the same resolution as they now have... Lets not forget that the CCD chips the backs currently have are no longer in production from Teledyne/Dalsa.... 

OTOH, the Leica SL is the ideal camera to use on a view camera... The mount is 6mm wider that a Sony α7 and the grip is quite distant from the mount, which makes it easy to recess it in the bellows space... Also... there is an SL mount  to S lens adapter which provides full interface communication with wide image circle lenses... Therefore, an S lens mount Sinar technical camera with SL used for image area is quite feasible if the same adapter's interface is used on the camera's frames via a flex cable... All the above is to be (naturally) expected from Leica/Sinar...

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if a multishot version of the SL is on the works by Leica as to complete the above picture... Lets not forget that other than the Leica S lenses, the Contax 645 lenses and the Hasselblad H lenses would also be adaptable on the lens board of such a system (via the Leica C & H adapters for the S) and then only the aperture would be required to be operative (no AF, no LS)...

Theodoros,

My understanding is that stacking of adapters is officially not supported by Leica (mentioned in the manual) and effectively does not work.

If your German is up to it take a look at post #56 (right now the last post) in this thread:
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/261158-leica-bringt-adapter-für-s-objektive/page-3

Joris.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:26:55 am by JV »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 12:22:32 pm »

Lets not forget that the CCD chips the backs currently have are no longer in production from Teledyne/Dalsa....

Really?
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Theodoros

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »

Theodoros,

My understanding is that stacking of adapters is officially not supported by Leica (mentioned in the manual) and effectively does not work.

Joris.

I suspect it only concerns AF (of both C & H) and leaf shutter of the H lenses when used on the SL... Technically, there is no reason for aperture not be supported as it is already "translated" in Leica S interface by the adapter....

JV

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 01:55:18 pm »

I suspect it only concerns AF (of both C & H) and leaf shutter of the H lenses when used on the SL... Technically, there is no reason for aperture not be supported as it is already "translated" in Leica S interface by the adapter....

Apparently not, what I have understood is that the display on the SL actually gives a message that the H-adapter is not supported.  Not sure what the motivations of Leica would be to explicitly block this.

I haven't tried this myself.  I have the Contax adapter for the S but I have not (yet) bought the S adapter for the SL.  Not sure at this stage whether I will buy it either.

Theodoros

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:49 pm »

Apparently not, what I have understood is that the display on the SL actually gives a message that the H-adapter is not supported.  Not sure what the motivations of Leica would be to explicitly block this.

I haven't tried this myself.  I have the Contax adapter for the S but I have not (yet) bought the S adapter for the SL.  Not sure at this stage whether I will buy it either.

I can see a marketing reason on why they would block the AF and leaf shutter from the SL, but I really think it would be very stupid of them to block the aperture exclusively for the H & C645 lenses on a view camera... Lets not forget that there are so many lenses (other than H or C645) that can work on the S or the SL, with mechanical aperture, that blocking these two only would be a very stupid thing to do...
Pages: [1]   Go Up