Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.  (Read 15479 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:55:58 am »

I have the X1D on order and would be curious to learn when the first ones start arriving.

How about, as members get their units posting when you got yours so the rest of us have an idea of when we will be getting ours.

It would also be interesting to post "bugs" or problems as we encounter them as well as resolutions found.

I normally will not be on the initial delivery of any product, but taking the weight out of my camera pack is priority right now!

hasselbladfan

Re: Hassie X1D Actual Deliveries to users dates.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 11:21:30 am »

The new delivery date for the new ones seem to be Sept 15. Let's hope it is true.

No news from my demo neither. I guess they are still fine tuning this baby. :)

rent

• Alex Jiang Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:10:22 pm »

Same here. No news other than B&H's shifting to 9/15 as the new ship date. My other dealer source does not even have a date yet. -alex

hasselbladfan

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 04:18:49 pm »

No news I guess. :(

JKevinScott

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »

They are doing another demo day in New York on 9/14.  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hasselblad-x1d-h6d-100c-demo-day-with-model-tickets-27581739726.  Not sure what that implies about release date.

mtakeda

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 09:25:06 pm »

I too have preorder and anxiously waiting for the shipment, and more frustrated for no information at all. I think the company lacks the customer service spirit. If the company official reads these site, they must realize to improve their attitude to keep customer informed.

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 11:22:01 pm »

I have never owned a Hasselblad before but I'm now rethinking whether I want one.  My concern is if Hasselblad does such a poor job communicating can they provide the customer service that will keep me satisfied.  This is not the way you build trust with a potentially new user base.

mtakeda

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 06:40:42 am »

It is my sicere hope that Hasselblad management reads this comment.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 04:38:06 pm »

You guys look like spoiled kids who cannot wait for their next toy to show up. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 05:15:12 pm »

Hi,

What you forgot tell is which year…

Joke a side, long times from presentation to first delivery are quite common in the industry. In addition, this year a large part of Sony's sensor production had heavy earth-quake damage, loosing several months of production.

I have also stated before, Hasselblad's announcement of the X1D was a bit too early, before final specifications were made. Like how many AF points does the X1D have and how do you move between them?

Best regards
Erik

The new delivery date for the new ones seem to be Sept 15. Let's hope it is true.

No news from my demo neither. I guess they are still fine tuning this baby. :)
Erik Kaffehr

camgarner

• cgarnerphoto.com
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 06:47:19 pm »

You guys look like spoiled kids who cannot wait for their next toy to show up. ;)

It's true that I may be spoiled but expecting good communications from company that you may spend $20,000 with shouldn't be the sign of being spoiled ;)

NickT

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 03:54:29 am »

Yeah I'm gonna order me a Tesla instead! those guys never get delayed!

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 11:05:26 am »

Hi Nick,

So that guy Elon Musk is also in digital imaging? The world always surprises me!

Best regards
Erik

Yeah I'm gonna order me a Tesla instead! those guys never get delayed!
Erik Kaffehr

Joe Towner

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:48 pm »

This thing?  Saw it at Glazers over the weekend.  We're within weeks of having them in our hands.  We expect perfection, so what ever Hasselblad has to do to make sure they hit all their test cases, so be it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:42:10 pm by Joe Towner »
t: @PNWMF

fotagf8

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 08:33:27 am »

I suspect that anyone who ordered the X1D camera will be disappointed today.  The BHPhoto site is now showing this as a new product that is expected to be available at the end of the September.

In my view, Hasselblad made a big mistake in how they rolled this out.  It looked like an interesting camera that would be worth taking a close look at, and it may still be, but they have now created impression that it is not even close to being a finished product, which raises questions as to whether when it finally arrives, it is a solid product, or still in the experimental phase.

As has been reported, Fuji is rumored to be releasing a medium format camera.  There were some doubts as to whether that rumor was true, but I suspect it is.  If I were Fuji and had those plans, I would start that rumor as a way to divert attention from and slow preorders of the X1D.  If I am correct, Hasselblad has hurt itself relative to Fuji, although in the end, the best product usually wins out.

In any event, with all this activity, it is a good time to be a photographer.  When all the dust finally settles (hopefully not on anyone's sensor), we should have some excellent choices.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 07:03:34 pm »

Honnestly, I don't understand the fuss.

What we have here is just an ambitious company who is struggling a bit to finalize the software part of a - probably - great product.

100% of the buyers already have a few other great cameras that have been serving them well. This delay has zero real impacts on anything.

I don't understand the concept of placing a pre-order for such a product in the first place to be honnest. This is plain high end consumerism.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:10:27 pm by BernardLanguillier »

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 10:43:50 pm »

What I don't understand why they just don't take the high road and communicate honestly as to where the product stands.  Under promise and over deliver is a a better way to build a company.  It's a shame that expecting good communications is considered unreasonable. 

hasselbladfan

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 01:18:38 pm »

I think we are still behaving very decently. :)

If you want a kids reaction, tell them their Xmas toys will now be delivered with Eastern! They won't talk to you for months.

JKevinScott

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 01:20:32 pm »

Hasselblad posted on their Facebook page this morning that the first shipment of production X1D's just shipped from their factory in Gothenburg.  (https://www.facebook.com/Hasselblad/?fref=ts), which I'm guessing means that shipments from retailers to customers is still 1-2 weeks out, assuming that they've shipped enough cameras to fill all of the preorders.  So that's good.

That said, I have to agree with folks on this thread that Hasselblad could have handled the communications on this rollout a bit better.  I fully appreciate how difficult it is to get a new product to market, and as a customer, I don't want a buggy product that was rushed to customers.  But.  When they announced the camera, it was Hasselblad, not the rumor mill, who said that units would be available at the end of August or early September.  It was their choice to allow retailers to accept pre-orders. 

I'm guessing most of the folks who lay down $14k for a new toy--I can't imagine how a professional photographer could make a rational business case for one of these right now sight unseen--expect their toy to show up when the manufacturer says that it will.  And when the manufacturer slips, and disappoints their expectant fans anxiously awaiting a new plaything, self included, it wouldn't kill them to say, "Hey everyone, we really appreciate the tremendous support that you've shown us.  We know that you're anxious to get your hands on this amazing thing that we've worked so hard to make for you.  That said, we need a few more weeks to make sure that the fit and finish are absolutely perfect so that your first experience with this camera is as spectacular as you're imagining.  You can expect one in your hand by X."

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 01:52:43 pm »

They also posted that there will be an all black special edition.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up