Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo EasyPIX working on my Windows 10 PC  (Read 2785 times)

Legolas

Eizo EasyPIX working on my Windows 10 PC
« on: August 29, 2016, 06:49:10 am »

For everyone who wants to get Eizo EasyPix working on Windows 10

I am using EasyPIX with my Flexscan SX2762W monitor and i recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 on my PC (not a clean install).  When calibrating the monitor with EasyPIX on Win10 i noticed that the monitor profile in the Windows->System32->spool->drivers->color folder was not updated and EasyPIX did not give any warning at all.  After a call with Eizo i learned that Eizo does not officially support EasyPIX with Windows 10. However, after several attempts i got it working again. Let me share with you what i did.

1) I installed the latest version of EasyPIX 2.3.2 but may be any v2.3.x works as well. I have heard from Eizo that other users do get errors during installation; you may need to run this install program in Win7 compatibility mode as well. I did not encouter this issue. To be on the safe side, if you did a upgrade of W7->W10, try to get it working with your current EasyPix version 2.3.x.

2) Make sure you run EasyPIX in Windows 7 compatibility mode. (right click on the program icon and select win7 compatibility mode in properties).

3) Rename the old Eizo monitor profile(s)  in the Windows -> System32 -> spool -> drivers -> color folder. Not required for a Win10 clean install. I added _old to end of the file names.

4) Rename all the old Eizo monitor profile(s) in the Users -> your user folder -> AppData -> Roaming -> EIZO -> EIZO EasyPIX2. Not required for a Win10 clean install. I added _old to end of the file names. Note that Appdata is a hidden folder that you need to unhide first

5) Reboot the PC and calibrate your monitor with EasyPIX.

6) Check the folders to see if the new profile is there.

7) EasyPIX should also show after a couple of hours how many hours are past since the last calibration

I hope this works for you.

Best Regards,

Alexander

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:17:22 am by Legolas »
Pages: [1]   Go Up