Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double-sided matte printing on Epson 4800  (Read 3967 times)

elaverty

Double-sided matte printing on Epson 4800
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:00:58 pm »

A follow up to similar problem from Norbert on Jan 28, 2006 concerning Epson 4000 and double-sided printing

How to prevent roller marks on double-sided matte printing.

I am using 4800 with Hahnemule Photo Rag Duo but marks seem to appear with any paper glossy or matte.

Tried the following already.

1. cleaned rollers
2. dried print side overnight before running second side.
3. sprayed 1st side with protective spray(drying for 2 hours), then ran second side.

no help from Epson they say this is what happens with double-sided matte printing end of story.

Has anyone attempted removing rollers from printer?

Any other solutions out there?

Thanks

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:24:11 pm »

Here's what I posted to Norbert in the other thread:

For the lowly 2200, MIS (www.inksupply.com) sells a set of little gizmos to insert into the printer that hold the pizza wheels up so they don't contact the paper surface. I installed them because I was always getting track marks on glossy paper, and the pizza wheels seem to be completely unnecessary.

I use Epson double-sided paper from time to time and have never noticed the track marks. So you might look to see if there is a way to wedge something against the shaft that the wheels ride on to hold them out of the way. I don't have either a 4000 or a 4800, so I don't know if the same trick will work on them.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:46:14 pm »

I am using 4800 with Hahnemule Photo Rag Duo but marks seem to appear with any paper glossy or matte.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=68891\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

These symptoms appear to be a problem with your machine, not a typical fault.  I print double-sided matte exclusively with my 4800 and I see no marks.

Peter

chriscor

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 12:40:02 am »

I have the same problem with my 4000 leaving marks when I print on both sides.  My solution has been to place a  sheet of plain paper (same size) under the sheet I'm printing on and feed this into the printer.  

Also, the marks from my 4000 were being caused by the small plastic wheels on the bottom of the printer that push the paper through.  So drying the prints made no difference for me as the marks were being caused on the back of the paper when the front was being printed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up