Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In camera HDR  (Read 1137 times)

armand

• Photos
In camera HDR
« on: August 27, 2016, 09:43:02 am »

Through a recent trip in Zion I found myself using my cellphone a lot and the main reason was in camera HDR (it was also convenient but I already had a camera with me anyway).
It was dealing with the high contrast scenes unexpectedly well, with quite a decent punch in the colors without being cartoonish. It made it much more convenient to post or text the pictures than to take it with the camera and postprocess then later with similar results at a small resolution. Yes, at pixel level there isn't much there but for small web or 4x6 it's good enough.
My camera was an X-T1 and while I could have tried some jpegs with DR400 the end result is not that close and it limits you to iso 800.
A similar technology in a large sensor might be worthwhile, particularly if you shoot jpegs with raw. I think one of my Sony compacts had something similar.

Any larger sensor camera with a decent implementation of this?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: In camera HDR
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 10:44:42 am »

So far Fuji has not implemented in camera HDR, was hoping to see that in the X-Pro2.

Most Canon or Nikon cameras, higher end will offer in camera HDR which is output to jpg only.

Pentax is only camera I know of that offers in camera HDR to jpg or raw, and it does a very nice job with both.  Pentax K1.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up