Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck shutter on Fuji X-Pro2  (Read 2862 times)

Piet Gispen

• pietgispen.com
Stuck shutter on Fuji X-Pro2
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:05:32 am »

It started approximately three weeks ago: when taking a photo, it would seem as if the camera was trying to take a second one by itself just before freezing. The following error message would appear: Turn camera off and on, That initially did the trick. Then the frequency of this error would increase.

Last night the camera seemed to come alive when switchting it on or even off. The shutter would open and close two, three or even four times by itself until stuck. Nothing helped: not a fresh (Fuji) battery, not switching lenses or changing settings. I have brought it to my dealer today. They had not yet encountered this problem. I believe --but am not sure-- that the problems started after the latest firmware update.

It is a serious problem which became progressive and I am very curious to know what Fuji will discover: a hardware problem, a software problem or a combination.

For the rest it is a wonderful camera which I have used so far with great joy and great results. I hope Fuji will hurry up because unfortunately my experience with their service department has been rather dissapointing (a least two months in repair...).

I have not encountered these problems with any of my other Fuji camera's (X-T1, X-Pro1, X-T10)

Piet Gispen
http://www.pietgispen.com
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 06:26:23 am by Piet Gispen »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Stuck shutter on Fuji X-Pro2
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 08:41:49 am »

There has been a lot written on this with early X-Pro2 cameras over on the Fuji X forums. 

Seems that the cameras that have locked up, need to be returned to Fuji for a replacement.  There was also mention of a firmware update that might help.

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/forum/3-fuji-x-pro-1-fuji-x-pro-2/page-3?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Piet Gispen

• pietgispen.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 08:59:18 am »

Thanks Paul for referring me to those similar postings. My case isn't unique. I have had my X-Pro2 since early March without a problem and I have been using it quite extensively. I am curious if indeed it will appear to be a hardware related problem.

Regards,

Piet
http://www.pietgispen.com

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 09:29:10 am »

This is the reason I'm not (yet at least) preordering the X-T2 despite my fingertips burning.
It's happening quite often these days, it happened with both my X-T1 and Nikon D750.
Pages: [1]   Go Up