Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympus Digital Camera Updater problem  (Read 4380 times)

bobtrlin

Olympus Digital Camera Updater problem
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:51:18 pm »

What is wrong with Oly's camera updater?  I've been using it for years without a hitch but now I keep getting error 0x80041037 "Failed to communicate with server".  Yes, I've done all the right things and various combinations.  The camera is an E-M1.  I'm trying to update a 45mm F1.8 lens.  My system is Windows 10/64.  Actually I got a hint that something might be up when last I got the camera serviced and the Oly tech told me to bring the camera in for updating because of all the update issues they are getting.  Is anyone else having problems?

bobtrlin

Re: Olympus Digital Camera Updater problem
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:08:46 am »

OK, finally got it to work but only after uninstalling and reinstalling the camera updater software which is weird because the version number hasn't changed.

degrub

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 09:38:17 am »

Did your system just go through a MS update when the trouble started ?
If so, likely something was replaced or modified and the software needs its own copy of a specific version.

bobtrlin

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 07:12:48 pm »

Did your system just go through a MS update when the trouble started ?
If so, likely something was replaced or modified and the software needs its own copy of a specific version.
Quite likely.  Let's hope we don't have to reinstall every time there is an MS update.  They seem to occur roughly monthly.

SZRitter

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 11:53:47 am »

Quite likely.  Let's hope we don't have to reinstall every time there is an MS update.  They seem to occur roughly monthly.

Welcome to patch Tuesday, where the unexpected will happen, and things that have been running perfect for years suddenly won't work for any known reason. Don't ask me how I know....
Pages: [1]   Go Up