Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson legacy paper ICC profiles for Epson 4880  (Read 2450 times)

mokenny

Epson legacy paper ICC profiles for Epson 4880
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »

I will appreciate if anybody can point me in the right direction to obtain ICC profiles for EPSON legacy papers for my printer, Stylus pro 4880 (Epson Legacy Baryta and Platine). Both are unavailable on the Epson web web site and I already called.
I normally use Exhibition fiber but I would like to try the aforementioned papers especially as I have an exhibition coming up for a charity event.

Thanks

Mo Kenny

vartkes

• The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs
Re: Epson legacy paper ICC profiles for Epson 4880
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »

If Epson doesnot have it and you don't have the tools to make the profiles yourself then, all options are expensive....
1- check out ImagePrint RIP at colorbyte software. They may have profiles for their rip - which is the best in the world
2- get someone like Andrew Rodney at Digitaldog to make them for you...
Costly choices
Vartkes

tonyrom

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 03:54:17 pm »

Hi Mo,

There is another option.  You could use the Canson Baryta and Platine.  These paper are excellent.  The profiles are almost identical(I mean really close).  It's also rumored that Canson is making the Epson line (both made in France).  The rumor also says the coating is a smidge different (that's a technical term) and I suspect that accounts for the slight difference in gamut.   Also, Canson is 25-33% cheaper in the U.S.  Again, just a thought.

-tony

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 05:45:45 am »

Hi Mo,

There is another option.  You could use the Canson Baryta and Platine.  These paper are excellent.  The profiles are almost identical(I mean really close).  It's also rumored that Canson is making the Epson line (both made in France).  The rumor also says the coating is a smidge different (that's a technical term) and I suspect that accounts for the slight difference in gamut.   Also, Canson is 25-33% cheaper in the U.S.  Again, just a thought.

-tony

I used the Canson profiles and they work well

howardm

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 07:09:18 am »

also check/try the 4880 profile for RedRiver PaloDuro which by spectrum at least is a deadringer Epson Platine.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/4880/rr-paloduro-sgr-ep-X880.zip

mokenny

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 01:57:54 am »

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions and recommendations
I ended up using the Canson profiles for the Epson Platine and Baryta and they really worked well

Mo Kenny
Pages: [1]   Go Up