Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone with hands on experience with Hasselblad V-Series and CFV-50C Digital Back?  (Read 9469 times)

Hekoru

Mirror lock up is not only your friend, but a dire necessity, unless your tripod is incredibly sturdy.

pflower

Nothing to disagree with.  I have now finished about 2,000 captures with mine.  The files are really nice but dust is a serious problem.  I don't actually change lenses very much (and anyway the sensor is protected by the rear curtain and the mirror when changing) but I have been astonished at just how dirty the sensor can get.  Now I clean it every day which makes me a bit nervous.  I am wondering whether the old body is generating the dust and I wonder whether running a vacuum cleaner through the body might help.  Anyone else finding the same problem?

Jager

• E vestigio

Nothing to disagree with.  I have now finished about 2,000 captures with mine.  The files are really nice but dust is a serious problem.  I don't actually change lenses very much (and anyway the sensor is protected by the rear curtain and the mirror when changing) but I have been astonished at just how dirty the sensor can get.  Now I clean it every day which makes me a bit nervous.  I am wondering whether the old body is generating the dust and I wonder whether running a vacuum cleaner through the body might help.  Anyone else finding the same problem?

I'm guessing you must have something going on with your body.  I've used my CFV-50c on a 500C/M body fairly extensively over the last year - including reasonably frequent lens changes - and have had zero problems with dust.  I have yet to clean the sensor.

Good luck getting it sorted...

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

That big mirror and the baffles flapping around circulate a lot of dust trough the camera.

Best regards
Erik

Erik Kaffehr

Hekoru

Let me also add that you might need to have the body checked for focus. What seemed like good enough focus on film turned out to be terrible with the digital back.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up