Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAW and JPEG filtering.  (Read 1023 times)

Ian Matthews

RAW and JPEG filtering.
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:46:18 am »

Suppose I import JPEG and RAW into Lightroom as separate files.
I decide for that shoot that JPEGS are going to be good enough. I filter out the JPEGS and star all the ones I want to keep. I then delete all the unwanted JPEGS.
I then decide that I want to keep all the corresponding RAWs for the JPEGs  I have starred and delete the unwanted RAWs, in case I want to do some drastic adjustments in the future.
How can I quickly do this and end up with starred JPEGS and unstarred corresponding RAWs only?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: RAW and JPEG filtering.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 08:16:15 am »

You can probably line them up in the grid view of Library.

Alternatively, look up my Syncomatic plugin which can quickly sync the ratings and other metadata to the raw files. It works best matching on filenames but can also use the capture time.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:29:07 am »

If they're in the same folder or collection, you could try the auto stacking by capture time. Unstacked  files should be the raws relating to deleted jpeg files.

Ian Matthews

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:43:35 am »

If they're in the same folder or collection, you could try the auto stacking by capture time. Unstacked  files should be the raws relating to deleted jpeg files.

Thanks, I never thought of stacking them. I'll have a look at your plugin as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up