Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profoto Air Sync Transceiver Problem  (Read 7284 times)

Geocolor

Profoto Air Sync Transceiver Problem
« on: August 18, 2016, 08:10:07 pm »

Has anyone experienced any problems with Profoto Air Sync Transceiver? I have two of them and two Air Remotes which I use rarely, once a year. Last time I used them, a year ago, all worked seamlessly. Few days ago I tried to do a comparison vs my Elinchrom Skyports vs Broncolor RFS and found out that a Profoto Air Sync Transceiver although seemed working properly (lights, beep, channel, new batteries) wasn't triggering the other Profoto triggers nor my Profoto 8A generator. I've tried many times, no success. I searched the internet and found nothing, seems that none has ever had problems. Any suggestions?

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Profoto Air Sync Transceiver Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:39:52 am »

I see where you said you replaced the batteries.
I had issues when I replaced them with anything other than alkaline batteries.
Lithiums didn't work, nor did rechargeable.

Conner999

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 09:25:07 am »

The only oddity with Profoto Air units is that while batteries last forever, if the a unit's batteries are low (or not alkalines), it will trigger lights just fine when hand-held using the test button, etc., but not when in the hotshoe - even from same distance. 1st time I saw it, I envisioned a camera repair coming. Swapped in fresh batteries and back in business. It's as if they are two different circuits inside the remote and one is less voltage sensitive than the other.  I just buy cheap A3 cells in bulk.     

Geocolor

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 09:54:27 am »

Thanks for your replies, I've tried new alkaline batteries. My other 3 triggers using the same batteries work without any problem so it seems that is not a battery related issue. I assume a reset could solve it but there is no a reset button nor any reset directions in the user manual (usually electronic devices can be reset to factory settings pressing simultaneously a combination of keys for a specific time).

Dshelly

• Darryl Shelly Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 12:04:27 am »

I experienced the same exact issue a couple days ago. I wound up using my Pocket Wizards, which worked just fine. I'm going to look at my Transceiver tomorrow and see if I can sort out the issue.

Geocolor

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 03:11:49 pm »

Thank you Paul, This is the Air Sync Tranceiver does not have a Master button. Just to try your suggestion I set my Air Sync Remote to All Channels pressing the  Master button and tried to trigger the problematic Air Sync Tranceiver,  no luck. All its lights work as they should but it doesn't trigger the other profoto triggers and it is not triggered by them. I called my dealer few days ago, he promised to contact his technicians and come back to me, hopefully soon with a solution.

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 08:51:57 am »

Thanks for your replies, I've tried new alkaline batteries. My other 3 triggers using the same batteries work without any problem so it seems that is not a battery related issue. I assume a reset could solve it but there is no a reset button nor any reset directions in the user manual (usually electronic devices can be reset to factory settings pressing simultaneously a combination of keys for a specific time).

I found this on the intertubes
Factory Settings
1. Ensure that the Profoto Air device is turned off.
2. To reset the Profoto Air device to factory settings, press and hold down the Test Button [6] and the On Button [5] simultaneously until there are three beeps.

Geocolor

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 03:41:40 pm »

Jimmy, I did it and works. Thank you!

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 07:26:18 pm »

Jimmy, I did it and works. Thank you!

You are very welcome
Now I get to tell my wife i'm not completely useless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up