Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lomseggen  (Read 679 times)

JansonPhoto

• PatPhoto
Lomseggen
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:24:40 pm »

This is my first panorama, and my first post to this forum.

Just starting this photography thing... Bought my self a Nikon D5500 and a 20mm lens.
Just dove in, self thought and having more fun each day !

What do you professionals think ?

Norwegian electrician who recently fell in love with photography.
I love walking around in the nature and getting lost in the darkest nights, as long as I have my camera with me !
www.PatPhoto.no

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Lomseggen
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:28:51 pm »

It's quite beautiful, but the reflections of the sky in the foreground overwhelm it.

Welcome to LuLa, Janson.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 02:32:24 pm »

Welcome to the Forum JansonPhoto!

When I first looked at your photograph, I thought I was looking at Velvia sheet film on a light table - the colours are so rich and dense.

You've shown quite an acceptable panorama of a beautiful location. It's perhaps darker than it needs to be, although this might well have been shot during the very long dusk of a summer's evening. Bringing up the shadows slightly will help give it a little more "life".

Compositionally, it works to an extent, but I find the truncated rocks in the foreground a bit "forced"; i.e. they are there because you had no way of removing them or felt the foreground needed something. A foreground does help with setting context for backgrounds that seem far away, but I'm not sure this one "works".

Over all, though it's a great photo and a great "first offering". :)
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

JansonPhoto

• PatPhoto
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 08:59:39 am »

Thank you for the honest words :)

This was shot before sunrise, so yeah, its dark.. I was hoping for some pink clouds, but the sun was in the wrong place. If I had the time, it could look a little better if the sun just touched the to of the mountain. But I never saw it, so idk.

I actually have another set of shots a few meters up and a few meters back, that I haven't edited yet. Ill try it with some more light :)
Norwegian electrician who recently fell in love with photography.
I love walking around in the nature and getting lost in the darkest nights, as long as I have my camera with me !
www.PatPhoto.no

wmchauncey

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 09:02:07 am »

You have a gorgeous scene, but, it is possible that you failed to give it justice.  It is rare indeed that landscapes are properly captured on the first try.
Work that scene, move that tripod up/down/left/right/different clouds...when you find perfection, you will know it.
The things you do for yourself die with
Pages: [1]   Go Up