Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtual light box  (Read 1314 times)

larkis

• My photography blog
Virtual light box
« on: August 17, 2016, 12:23:49 pm »

Is there an app that will let me load a bunch of small jpg's and arrange them virtually in a very organic way as if I was doing it on a light table ? I want to try out a bunch of image pairings and compositions without having to print a ton of small 4x6's. Apple's Aperture had something along those lines but I was hoping there is something else that will let me do this as I use lightroom and only need this as a side utility.

aduke

Re: Virtual light box
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »

If you are a Lightroom user, you may be able to use the Print module for this. By setting up a custom package with a number of cells having the desired aspect ratio, you can drag images from the filmstrip onto the layout and put any image in any cell.

Alan

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 02:51:06 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, in LR Collections (not Smart Collections), photos may be arranged in any order. Put a selection photos in a Collection, then turn off the surrounding panels and increase the size of the thumbnails. You can drag photos around as you would  light table.

There is also the "Compare" feature (usually used for examining two very similar photos) that you may find helpful for pairing photos.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

N80

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:29:00 pm »

This was a big marketing feature for Aperture. Works exactly like a light box. Resize, rearrange, etc. Got a copy of Aperture?
George

"What is truth?" Pontius  Pilate
Pages: [1]   Go Up