Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDR Projects 4  (Read 2031 times)

brandon

HDR Projects 4
« on: August 15, 2016, 07:10:50 pm »

Id appreciate any advice regarding HDR Projects 4 which is currently on sale (via link from Leica forum)here
I dont use HDR much but would value any feedback from user experience. Cheers
brandon

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: HDR Projects 4
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:16 am »

Id appreciate any advice regarding HDR Projects 4 which is currently on sale (via link from Leica forum)here
I dont use HDR much but would value any feedback from user experience. Cheers
brandon

Hi Brandon,

For that price, and that is for the Professional version with better features, the risk is low.

HDR Projects Professional can deliver good, realistic looking tonemapping, but it has a complex interface that takes some practice to make the best of it. I'm not too convinced about it's Raw conversion quality, so you may want to use it on TIFF input(s).

When I compare it to my personal favorite, SNS HDR (for Windows OS), the latter is much easier to use (but very powerful) and has no problems in getting realistic looking results from HDRI input. The new Version 2 Beta will be a free upgrade for owners of a license of the current Version 1.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

brandon

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 03:39:42 pm »

Hi Bart,
thanks for your comments and experience. SNS-HDR in the "home" version looks attractive pricing. Is it full feature apart from batch processing and license number limitation? (not sure from the translation conversion from Polish?).
I run parallels on one of my MBPro so potentially it is an option. Certainly "realistic" conversions and easy to use (being an exception rather than a rule) are big pluses.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:40:06 pm »

Hi Bart,
thanks for your comments and experience. SNS-HDR in the "home" version looks attractive pricing. Is it full feature apart from batch processing and license number limitation? (not sure from the translation conversion from Polish?).

As far as I remember the difference is in a Batch mode that the Pro version has and the Home version doesn't, and the image results for the Home version are not allowed to be sold. I'm not sure if masking is functional in both versions, but
I think it is (I have the Pro version so I can't check for the Home version). I think that Sebastian would be willing to upgrade you from Home to Pro for the difference in License price, should you need that additional functionality and liberty.

I've read that there could also be a Mac version 2.0 in the making, but it's hard to say when. Sebastian is running a one man operation (besides his day-job I think). For the time being it could possibly run the Windows version under Parallels on a Mac. You can check on his forum about the status of a Mac version.

I run parallels on one of my MBPro so potentially it is an option. Certainly "realistic" conversions and easy to use (being an exception rather than a rule) are big pluses.

It's so easy to get realistic results that I often wonder; is that all I have to do? In the fully released version it offers a ton of controls, masking, etc., but one only needs to use those if the results from the presets are not exactly to your liking. The Beta version 2 Pro is not completely finished yet, but for the most part already very functional.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

brandon

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:54:48 pm »

Hi Bart
Thanks! really helpful advice :)
Best wishes Brandon
Pages: [1]   Go Up