Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Slightly modified Mamiya 28mm D  (Read 710 times)

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
FS: Slightly modified Mamiya 28mm D
« on: August 14, 2016, 12:16:14 pm »

While the Mamiya 28D is and always will be a great lens; its major downfall was the lack of filter attachment.  Lee filters corrected that somewhat after Phase One released their version with the Schneider Kreuznach 28mm LS.

I had the opportunity to test both the older Mamiya and newer Phase LS side by side and chose to by the Mamiya.  Side by side both lens appeared to be identical in their outward appearance.  Shortly after picking up the Mamiya I ordered the Lee SW150 knowing full well that it was being marketed for the Phase (I figured that it would fit)

I quickly found the new Lee SW150 while made for the Phase 28mm would fit the Mamiya 28mm with one slight problem.  It was just a little loose.  The Lee was loose enough that it would cause problems when I attached a filter however it wasn’t loose enough not to see if I could “fix” it.

The Lee SW150 is semi-permanently attached to the lens using superglue.  The front ring assembly is rock solid.  I’ve used this extensively using it both with filters (you’ll need the filter holder) and without with great success.

I’ve attached what I believe is enough close up images showing what the lens looks like.  The glass is clean with no fog and the focus clutch works as it should without problems.

I no longer need this lens and felt it time to part with it.  I’m willing to entertain offers however I’m listing this at $2,200 which includes PayPal fees and CONUS shipping.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:49:15 pm by Don Libby »

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Re: FS: Slightly modified Mamiya 28mm D
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 12:17:07 pm »

Additional images

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 04:22:45 pm »

weekend bump  8)

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 10:47:45 am »

End of the month bump.  I'm getting entertaining offers just not good enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up