Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Ilford icc profile for HP Z 3100  (Read 1094 times)

Damir

Looking for Ilford icc profile for HP Z 3100
« on: August 13, 2016, 07:58:01 pm »

I got Ilford discovery pack with 4 different papers, unfortunatelly there is no icc profile for my printer on their web. Papers are in A4 format, too small to make my own profile. Can someone be so kind to send send me prifiles for following papers:

Cotton Artist Textured 310 gsm

Gold Fibre Gloss 310 gsm

Textured Cotton Rag 310 gsm

Smooth Cotton Rag 310 gsm

Thank you in advance  :D

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Looking for Ilford icc profile for HP Z 3100
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 03:39:19 am »

Damir,

There have been Ilford media presets (3) for the Z3200 and profiles for the Z3100. There have been changes in the Ilford media since. None of the papers you mentioned here existed then so I think you are better suited with profiles created with the printer.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Damir

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:07:24 am »

Dear Ernst,

I hoped that someone already test the papers. However I forgot that there are limited number of Z 3100 users here.

I will make my profiles, problem is that I have limited number of A4 sheets. APS 1.2 target use only 45 colors for calibration which seems pretty low to me. 1.5 target require A3 sheet, my attempt ion to use 2 sheets of A4 size failed, as second sheet never printed out it stops after one sheet.

I will modify 1.5 target by reduce it to 200 samples, I never try it before but it seems to me that I will know how to modify text file with rgb numbers. Problem is that every text file is accompanied by appropriate tiff file. I don't know how to make that file. I will try to do it, it may succeed without tiff file.

Best regards

Damir

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 09:07:57 am »

Babelcolor Patchtool is nice for that. ArgyllCMS has some target creation tools as well, command line.

I guess it may go faster by carefully (spray) glue some A4 sheets on an A3 sheet and by trial and error get the stitch evenly distributed between neighboring hexagon patch rows. The spectrometer will measure the center of an hexagon patch and not the edges.

Damir

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 06:43:00 pm »

Babelcolor Patchtool is nice for that. ArgyllCMS has some target creation tools as well, command line.

I guess it may go faster by carefully (spray) glue some A4 sheets on an A3 sheet and by trial and error get the stitch evenly distributed between neighboring hexagon patch rows. The spectrometer will measure the center of an hexagon patch and not the edges.

Thanks Ernst

Babelcolor looks nice, but it is too expensive for making one target, as that is all I need. I will try to do it manuly by editing txt file.

As a matter of fact I did stitch two A4 sheets, and it worked fine. Of course I did test with some old paper that I do not use any more, as I trashed all small format printers in meantime. Anyway I still prefer to use only one A4 sheet, you know that I need to perform paper calibration first, than make icc profile, at the end of process I will like to have some sheets for printing test pictures, not to use most of them for calibration  ;D

With kindest regards

Damir
Pages: [1]   Go Up