Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 printing magenta faces  (Read 6070 times)

Farmer

Re: Epson 9900 printing magenta faces
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 06:27:43 pm »

Hey Dan - good and bad news I guess.  Good you found it (and I'm pleased my eyes aren't trashed and I really was seeing a yellow issue :-) ).  Bad that it will cost you some money.

Given it's intermittent, you probably don't need a head (if the head was failing, you wouldn't recover it) - it's most likely an ink supply issue so dampers, capping station, wiper blade all definites.  Also consider the ink lines themselves (at least for yellow), and get them to check the I/C holder and the needles into the carts for damage or gunk.  It would also be worthwhile doing a pressure test to ensure there are no leaks and that the pump is fine.  I know it will cost more labour if you need to do a head later, but initial signs suggest that the head is fine.  I'd at least talk to them about not doing the head and see what it would cost to do it later if needed (unless your head is many years old and you feel like it's worth putting a new one in anyway).

Also, use a new yellow once you replace parts - no point risking that there's anything wrong with the cart.
Phil Brown

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 12:19:18 am »

off topic---very weird.  Just noticed that my profile has been changed or rather my account is now a "newbie" status.  Hmmmm....

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 09:14:45 am »

The more I dig the more I find.
Yellow cart seems to seat fine but when released does not pop out like the others.
Pulled all the left bank carts and the bottom half of the yellow seat assembly is at a slant pushed in at the bottom at least a 1/2"
Tried to gently pry it out but something is amiss with that assembly. Yellow ink smeared on the assembly as well as the back of the cart.
May try to get Tastar Service out here from Pittsburgh if they will come this far.

Farmer

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:41 pm »

So seems likely that the ink supply issue is air getting in the line because the cart isn't seating properly (which is also causing a leak, which makes things worse).  That's good news because it's likely there's nothing wrong with the more expensive parts of the printer!
Phil Brown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up