Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waffling Artifact Showing up in Print of Image that was perfect before!  (Read 1429 times)

Barbleephoto

I had originally posted this question in the printing page, but I now realize that some artifact seems to have been introduced into my PSD layered file since the same error shows up on both the 3880 and 9890.

I processed this raw file two years ago in LR and PS and saved the original as a layered PSD file.  I use an action to resize and sharpen for printing - the same action I have used for 5 years.  The waffle pattern shown here ONLY shows up in the gray area to the lower right of the image.  I have posted a copy of what the entire image looks like for context.  I cannot see any of this waffling on my monitor!  Help!!!  It is a popular image and I want to sell it again.

With thanks,
Barbara Lee
www.barbleephoto.com

TonyW

Re: Waffling Artifact Showing up in Print of Image that was perfect before!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 05:00:21 am »

As this occurs on two printers and you cannot observe on your monitor have you tried on alternative papers just to rule out issues there?

leeonmaui

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 01:40:14 am »

Aloha,
Sometimes this type of artifact happens when you have pushed an image too far, by either bringing out shadows and or sharpening, If you don't have the raw DNG it will be tough to get out, unless you have done all your actions in layers and can at least work backwards, to find out what caused the daisy chaining...
early versions of light room or photoshop, are much more likely to allow this...

DaveRichardson

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 05:40:36 am »

You said that you do not see this on your monitor but do see it on two printers (both Epson).
One thing you could try is to make sure all scaling (sizing) of the image is done in Photoshop and the Epson driver is not scaling any further and introducing additional artifacts. For the 3880 that would mean scaling the image in Photoshop to use a print resolution of 360ppi then sending it to the printer driver.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up