Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum filter?  (Read 1550 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Forum filter?
« on: August 11, 2016, 10:46:45 am »

I wonder if the site programmers can implement a “forum filter.” This would allow each member to specify, in their profile settings, which forums are and are not shown in the “recent unread topics” list. I am uninterested in about 1/3 of the forums, I suspect other members are similar. A minor convenience, but surely doable?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Forum filter?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:49:52 pm »

The forum software is a commercial program.  Changes like you request which I think is a good idea has to be made by the software developers.  Our ability to customize the forum software is limited.  I'll have our web guys put a request in though.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Otto Phocus

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 07:04:46 am »

Only 1/3rd?  I am not interested in most of the threads here, but I just don't open them.  I don't think we need a software fix for something completely under our control.

Usually I can tell that I am not interested in a thread by either its title or the author.  Makes it pretty easy to skip.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 09:23:38 am »

Only 1/3rd?  I am not interested in most of the threads here, but I just don't open them.  I don't think we need a software fix for something completely under our control.

Usually I can tell that I am not interested in a thread by either its title or the author.  Makes it pretty easy to skip.

Well, I do that too, of course, but given that I am never interested in threads in Medium format, Capture Raw, and several other forums, I don't need to see the threads in my unread threads list.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 09:45:27 am »

I'm the same as you, I only open what interests me.
But I'm fine with a filter if it helps others, For me I will set it as course as possible so I still see everything.
pieter, aka pegelli
Pages: [1]   Go Up