Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: grandagon-N 65mm F/4.5 on Tech Cam  (Read 844 times)

Tsbphoto

grandagon-N 65mm F/4.5 on Tech Cam
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:26:28 pm »

I have been looking to get a normal-ish lens for my Alpa.  Im currently just using my 23mm Alpagon but have been wanting something a bit longer. I was interested in the 70mm Alpagon but haven't seen one used and im not ready to buy new.

I did come across a Rodenstock Grandagon-N 65mm F/4.5 in Alpa 12 mount on ebay and was wondering how this would perform on a digital back. Im currently using a P45+ 

The grandagon-N covers 4x5 so i would just be using the center of the image circle.

Is this a viable alternative to a 70mm Alpagon?  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tyler

torger

Re: grandagon-N 65mm F/4.5 on Tech Cam
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:46:00 pm »

I haven't personally tested it, but I would expect it to be okay but a bit soft. The thing is with that large image circle one have to pay with lower resolution. The 70mm Alpagon is the Rodenstock Digaron-W 70mm and is thus a modern digital lens of the highest performance, so there should be a difference in micro contrast.

However if you shoot at f/16 with your P45+ I would expect perfectly usable results from the Grandagon, and perhaps after sharpening and a real print there won't be any relevant difference left. The P45+ has quite large pixels which of course also plays a role in masking the differences in performance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up