Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ink and Paper supply source  (Read 1951 times)

rmazzi

Ink and Paper supply source
« on: August 05, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »

For the past few years i have principally used IT Suppliers for ink and paper supplies to use in my Epson printer (R2400, R3000, and P600).  I have also ordered my last two printers from them.  There service is excellent, products had been arriving very promptly, shipping is free for orders over $99 (easy to reach for this stuff).  In other words, i am a highly satisfied customer.

However on the last order I have some concerns.  I ordered 8 inks for the P600 (a full set except for MK) which were all in stock.  However two inks (Vivid Magenta and Light Vivid Magenta) are back ordered with no ETA and instead of coming from a single warehouse (i assumed an IT Supplies warehouse), the ink has come from three different warehouses.   The IT Supplies customer service team was proactive on this, calling me to make me aware, and offering to cancel the order if I wished.  I didn't have a chance to cancel the order since i has traveling and I wasn't planning to anyway.  Six cartridges arrived over the course of three days and two are backordered with no ETA.  The tracking information is also a bit spotty.  IT Supplies blames the ink cartridge shortage on Espon (which shows both inks in stock).

Soooooooo, i am interested if anyone in the community can recommend other ink suppliers in the US that they are satisfied with in the event the ink availability becomes an issue.  I am not out of any ink yet and don't have a low ink warning either, so I don't have a problem just yet.

funfoto

Re: Ink and Paper supply source
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 09:11:04 pm »

You might try Imaging Spectrum. Their price for the P600 is $31.99. Also free shipping over $100.
I buy all my ink for my 7900 from them. Haven't found a better price yet.
https://www.imagingspectrum.com/epson_p600/

howardm

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 10:51:53 pm »

Less expensive and free shipping from B&H

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 07:38:09 am »

Supply issues do happen. Drop shipments from different warehouses do happen, sometimes because of supply, and more often simply to speed delivery of your order.

If you've been happy over the past several years with ITSupplies-----then stick with them. It really sounds like they tried to meet your expectations as a customer.

I use ITSupplies and Tastarsupply.com  Both excellent customer service and similar shipping policies.  Tastar has additional savings with their customer loyalty points program and recycling program.

Ken

Benny Profane

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 09:53:16 am »

Less expensive and free shipping from B&H

I'm very impressed with the service, too. One click shopping. The Amazon of the photo world.

howardm

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 10:28:01 am »

It works for me.  99% of the time, anything I want is in stock (non 'special order') and in my hands in less than 24h w/ $0 shipping at the lowest price I can find.  I can order at around 3PM and the UPS guy is delivering it by 11A the next morning (from NYC to Boston)

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 02:55:01 pm »

Since B&H started matching Amazon prices I've been using them more and more.  They also have matched Amazon's return policies.

I do compare their prices and services with ATLEX and sometimes order from ATLEX.
Regards,
Ron

rmazzi

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 04:09:37 pm »

Thanks everyone for all the input.  I am also a big B&H customer.  If i don't buy from one of my two local camera stores, i go to B&H.  Finding the ink cartridges is more clunky than IT supplies, particularly if you order a set or multiples.  I will see how things go with ItSupplies.  I would certainly recommend them, but think they changed their logistics model, probably to lower inventory costs.  I hope to get the two cartridges before i get the low ink alarm.

disneytoy

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 04:22:39 pm »

I like Ink and Media Wholesales

http://www.inksandmedia.com/

They ship super fast. Free shipping on most items like large rolls of paper. I'm out of state so no tax. Their prices are excellent, but the trick is they will price may h easily, so find youe best price and the Will match or beat the price.

At least for paper, I think it ships right from Epson's warehouses.

william

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 10:15:02 pm »

I've been buying from these guys for years:

https://www.shadesofpaper.com

Del

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 11:56:17 pm »

I second the Shades of Paper recommendation.  Customer service is top notch.  The inks you mentioned have been in short supply many places I think. I experienced the same, but SOP got it to me as fast as anyone else was able to.  Sometimes there seems to be a glitch in the supply channels.
Del
Pages: [1]   Go Up