Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help in DPP or PS needed!!!  (Read 5588 times)

Khurram

Help in DPP or PS needed!!!
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:45:12 pm »

I'm processing my 3rd digital wedding.  This time i'm trying using DPP by working with the raw files rather then just using the JPEG files (from the second card), and processing in PS.

With this wedding, i've had more red eye then i've ever had in the past, mainly with the bride's sister. In over 10 years of shooting film, shooting anywhere from 500-800 pics, i've never had more then 4 or 5 instances of red eye in a shoot(even then, it would mostly in low light, dance scenes).

In this particular wedding, the bride's sister's left eye seems to be have the red eye effect in over half the shots with her (at least 20 shots)!!!  Not sure if it is her contact or what.

Is there a way to correct red eye using the canon software that came with the camera (1DIIN - DPP, and canon capture)???  If not, how can this be corrected in Photoshop (i've mainly working with Elements 2 but do have PS 7 on another computer (i'm sticking with elements 2 on my laptop, since PS is very slow on it).

appreciate help ASAP, as i've got to finish processing and getting proofs out by the end of this week.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 12:01:20 am »

Khurram

I,m not sure about Elements, but in PS7 zoom in on the eye, select with the elliptical marquee tool and feather about 3 pixels from the select menu. Go to Image, desaturate. This will remove the red. Then without deselecting, adjust brightness/contrast to darken the pupil to taste.

I am sure there are many more ways to eliminate redeye, but this worked for me.

Rich

Khurram

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 02:35:18 am »

Khurram

I,m not sure about Elements, but in PS7 zoom in on the eye, select with the elliptical marquee tool and feather about 3 pixels from the select menu. Go to Image, desaturate. This will remove the red. Then without deselecting, adjust brightness/contrast to darken the pupil to taste.

I am sure there are many more ways to eliminate redeye, but this worked for me.

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=68048\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Rich, will give this a try!
----

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 06:57:41 am »

Having shot hundreds of weddings, two things come to mind...

1) Getting the strobe off-axis as much as possible increases the angle of incidence and reduces the possibility of red-eye.

2) Red-eye is increased as people get drunk and their pupils dillate. This is especially true in females and infrequent drinkers.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:10:13 am by boku »
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

francois

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:15:24 am »

Hi,
There's a ton of free red-eye removal actions/techniques for Photoshop.
Try Adobe Exchange Studio website (here) or use Google to locate some more actions.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:17:11 am by francois »
Francois

Rokcet Scientist

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 07:44:34 am »

1) Getting the strobe off-axis as much as possible reduces the angle of incidence and the possibility of red-eye.
Yeah. It seems so obvious, doesn't it? But more than 50% of wedding photogs still don't use their flashguns off-camera...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:45:58 am by Rokcet Scientist »

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 08:45:12 am »

I may be talking nonsense here, but for instance with Elements 4.0, there is a button to click to automatically remove red-eye. I have it always off, since it is on by default, thus reducing the time to load the images.

However, I think it only works with JPEG files.

Khurram

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 02:24:50 pm »

Having shot hundreds of weddings, two things come to mind...

1) Getting the strobe off-axis as much as possible increases the angle of incidence and reduces the possibility of red-eye.

2) Red-eye is increased as people get drunk and their pupils dillate. This is especially true in females and infrequent drinkers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=68067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bob,
What surprised me at this wedding is that all of my shots were either with a flash bracket or through a wireless off-camera setup. I'm not sure if it was the video guys lights, or just with the bride's sisters eyes, coz 90% of the shots were just with her eyes being red. It was a muslim wedding, so alcohol wasn't a factor.
----
Pages: [1]   Go Up