Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: X1D US preview tour  (Read 6316 times)

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
Re: X1D US preview tour
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »

Can anyone who has used one comment on a couple of things?

1) Af speed, especially compared to the H5/6?
2) I understand there's not True Focus and 1 af point, but can that point be moved or is it center-stuck?
3) I think the answer to this is no, but can you convert the files to DNG and edit them in C1?

Thanks!
-Doug

tcdeveau

Re: X1D US preview tour
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 12:13:57 pm »

Your first two questions are really going to require final, production, firmware on an X1D to get definitive answers to.  The camera I used at a preview event had pre-production firmware that was not finalized, so I'm not sure anyone can really comment on the AF speed until production firmware is finalized and on the camera.  It is also hard to judge AF speed/performance indoors with bad flourescent lighting anyway.  That being said, AF speed was fine for my taste, however I don't photograph wildlife/sports/kids/etc. 

It has been said that the focus point can be moved between 9 positions and selected via the control dials (or touch screen I imagine).  How these 9 positions are distributed across the scene I do not know.  Hasselblad has also said on the production model you will be able to touch a point on the rear screen to AF on that point but it wasn't implemented in the pre-production firmware of the camera I used at the preview event.  What was implemented on the camera I tested was in live view, you could touch a point on the screen, it would zoom in (maybe ~400% magnification), and you can then manual focus.  Hopefully they allow you to alter the granularity of the zoom because it zoomed in too much for my taste. 

For your third question, as you said the answer is probably "no" regarding X1D and C1.  There may be work-arounds as there have been with the 645z but I'm sure it is not recommended for one reason or another.  You'll probably get the most out of X1D files with Phocus or Phocus and Lightroom/Photoshop in combo (which is how I process my H4D files) anyway. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up