Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson paper & Canon printer  (Read 1901 times)

luiztakei

Epson paper & Canon printer
« on: August 04, 2016, 02:43:34 pm »

I have recently bought a Canon Pixma Pro-100 and started making some prints. I am still a complete beginner in this field.

A friend of mine brought me an Epson paper but I could not find a profile for that paper to be used with my Canon printer. Does anyone know if Epson (or someone else) makes those profiles available?

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:52:58 pm by luiztakei »

Justin

Re: Epson paper & Canon printer
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »

Epson certainly won't make or supply profiles for a Canon printer. Easy enough to get a custom profile made though.

howardm

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 03:28:59 pm »

Well no, Epson isn't going to be making profiles for their competitor's printers and vice-versa. 

Basically, either you will need/want to get some custom profiles done or play around w/ various Canon driver settings (mostly the target media) and see what produces a 'good' (or good enough) match.  In reality, most of the gloss/lustre/satin papers are somewhat 'close' to one another so that you may be able to drop in some Epson Glossy and tell the printer you're using Canon Glossy and you should get a fairly decent print.

What paper did he get you?

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:57:38 pm »

Try "Professional Photo Lustre" or something like that (mine is installed in French). I use that for any RC gloss or lustre paper and it works fine. It also worked fine for a couple of Canson Barytas, but I only tried them with B&W...

The only catch is that depending on the media type, the printer might insist that you feed the paper via a specific route: that one will allow you to use the manual feed (which is at the back, but is not what Canon calls the rear feeder, which is on top... FFS).

luiztakei

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 11:39:01 pm »

Thank you all for the input but my friend decided to return it to the store and get something else. By the way, he had brought the Epson Ultra Premium Luster.

wnichols

• Irvine Headshot Photographer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 03:32:05 pm »

For the Epson Premium Luster 260 I use the the canon Glossy HG255 profile and it works very very well.

inPicton

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 07:43:04 pm »

Breathing Color call theirs, "Vibrance Luster for Aqueous Inks" which is a new term for me. Will that paper work well with Canon ipf-6400 pigment inks?

Regards, Paul.
++++++++

inPicton

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 09:17:12 pm »

Never mind. I figured it out. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up