Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has CC2015.6.1 glitched the Lr/Ps link?  (Read 3959 times)

DickKenny

• Dick Kenny at The Chantry Studio
Has CC2015.6.1 glitched the Lr/Ps link?
« on: August 02, 2016, 07:41:30 am »

Almost every image I submit to an online library has to make a fleeting visit after post in Lr to Ps for a quick touch of blur. Since last weeks welcome update (correcting the print pipeline snafu) I'm getting a variety of missed transfers using the cmd+E keystroke en route from Lr to Ps; aggravated by similar misses on the way back via cmd+W. Not worth listing each and every instance; they range from incompletion of  the files selected, to complete beach ball hangs necessitating a shutdown restart. I'm just wondering if others might have noticed similar after loading the recent Lr update; and whether or not it might be explained/rectified when Adobe provide the outstanding Ps update?

Andrew David

• My Instagram page
Re: Has CC2015.6.1 glitched the Lr/Ps link?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 05:57:36 pm »

It doesn't hang for me, but what does happen is if I select to "Open image in Photoshop" or "Open as Layers in Photoshop", I actually have to launch Photoshop myself and then the images will appear, where previously Lightroom would automatically launch Photoshop.

DickKenny

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 06:02:10 pm »

In the end I trashed Ps and then reinstalled. It made the necessary link to marry Lr with the Edit In command. Im afraid I am unable to explain the tech on this. In the absence of any help from Adobe, I tried a number of guesses. This one worked; and has stuck through the Sierra +1 upgrade. Maybe worth a try.

James R

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 01:56:59 am »

In the end I trashed Ps and then reinstalled. It made the necessary link to marry Lr with the Edit In command. Im afraid I am unable to explain the tech on this. In the absence of any help from Adobe, I tried a number of guesses. This one worked; and has stuck through the Sierra +1 upgrade. Maybe worth a try.

Have you updated to PS 2017?

DickKenny

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 03:38:33 am »

No, not yet. On the face of it there appears little in this update to meet my somewhat modest needs from Ps; and sadly, one never knows these days what might be lurking below the surface of such shiny new toys.......

James R

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 05:21:06 am »

No, not yet. On the face of it there appears little in this update to meet my somewhat modest needs from Ps; and sadly, one never knows these days what might be lurking below the surface of such shiny new toys.......

The update is fine. Personally, I always keep PS and LR CC updated.  Not many bad things lurking there. Who knows, the update might solve your problem.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 06:22:27 am »

The update does appear to solve the specific problem of PS opening files from Lr.

DickKenny

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 07:15:24 pm »

And that's good information for someone searching the problem. However, a quick scan of the thread reveals I had solved my originally posted problem with a quick delete and re-install of Ps. After that I was responding to a significantly later post. As to the recent update....once (or twice) bitten........

James R

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 07:58:54 pm »

And that's good information for someone searching the problem. However, a quick scan of the thread reveals I had solved my originally posted problem with a quick delete and re-install of Ps. After that I was responding to a significantly later post. As to the recent update....once (or twice) bitten........

To quote Steve Martin, "Welll excuuussseeee me." ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:02:05 pm by James R »

ButchM

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 10:57:56 am »

The update is fine. Personally, I always keep PS and LR CC updated.  Not many bad things lurking there. Who knows, the update might solve your problem.

I would love to have the faith and confidence that early adoption would be harmless. Unfortunately, my experience in the recent past has not been very positive.

It really depends on what specific capabilities and features you employ for your personal workflow. There have been several distinct problems especially with Lr v6.x/CC2015.x updates that have caused me to roll back to correctly working versions multiple times due to major issues, broken capabilities and/or the arbitrary (and unannounced) removal of same because Adobe seems to either lack the skill or resolve to properly test their updates prior to release.

With that experience under my belt, I won't venture forth until the dust has settled and the early adopters have proven the update works well.

Besides, I haven't seen one new feature or capability with this recent Ps update that would impact my bottom line in any significant manner. I'm patient. I can wait and see how it works out before updating.

James R

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 12:49:50 pm »

I would love to have the faith and confidence that early adoption would be harmless. Unfortunately, my experience in the recent past has not been very positive.

It really depends on what specific capabilities and features you employ for your personal workflow. There have been several distinct problems especially with Lr v6.x/CC2015.x updates that have caused me to roll back to correctly working versions multiple times due to major issues, broken capabilities and/or the arbitrary (and unannounced) removal of same because Adobe seems to either lack the skill or resolve to properly test their updates prior to release.

With that experience under my belt, I won't venture forth until the dust has settled and the early adopters have proven the update works well.

Besides, I haven't seen one new feature or capability with this recent Ps update that would impact my bottom line in any significant manner. I'm patient. I can wait and see how it works out before updating.

I don't disagree with you. My MBP always lags my MP regarding updates.  I update the MBP once things work fine on the MB.  I guess my optimism would be tempered if I used Windows, which seems to be having some issues.  To date, CC2017 has not presented any problem and not seeing many complaints on line.

ButchM

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 02:03:56 pm »

To date, CC2017 has not presented any problem and not seeing many complaints on line.

For myself, I'm not too worried if PS CC2017 works well on it's own ... it's how it interacts with Lightroom that is of concern (Edit in, invoking Ps Droplets when using Export presets just to name a couple of issues) ... and that problem has been an issue for both platforms recently.

James R

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 02:28:49 pm »

For myself, I'm not too worried if PS CC2017 works well on it's own ... it's how it interacts with Lightroom that is of concern (Edit in, invoking Ps Droplets when using Export presets just to name a couple of issues) ... and that problem has been an issue for both platforms recently.

Good point.  That would not effect me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up