Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Get Nik to Work - What am I Doing Wrong?  (Read 1049 times)

BradSmith

Can't Get Nik to Work - What am I Doing Wrong?
« on: July 31, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »

I just downloaded the Nik Suite and it is installed in my Application Folder on Mac OS 10.10.  But I can't figure out how to actually access the plugins.  I installed it for use in LR 5.  For example, when I have an image selected in LR and want to then process it in Nik, I go to Photo>Edit In>Color Efex Pro 4.  LR produces a new copy image, adds it to my catalog, but then instead of opening Color Efex Pro 4, nothing happens.  I still am staring at my image in LR.

If I simply open the Nik app, the app opens in a new window as I'd expect, but I can't see a way to get an image file into it.

Am I doing something wrong?  I tried to find info online or youtube tutorials, but can't find anything that shows the transition from LR into the Nik plugins I want to use.
thanks
Brad

kirkt

Re: Can't Get Nik to Work - What am I Doing Wrong?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:28:33 pm »

When you installed the Nik Suite, did it add the external editing choices to LR automatically?  Maybe that link is broken.  Try adding an external editor manually in the Preferences > External Editing tab and see if explicitly adding the link manually works properly.

kirk
Pages: [1]   Go Up