Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XRite i1Pro2 & i1io scanning table (2nd generation)  (Read 3138 times)

rxchaos

XRite i1Pro2 & i1io scanning table (2nd generation)
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:03:28 pm »

I'm using XRite's i1Pro2 with i1Profiler (v 1.6.6) to generate and measure patches for the Epson P7000 printer.  Iv'e been using the i1Pro2 for some time and for most part I'm happy with it.    To overcome the monotonous nature of scanning 3000 patches by hand I have on loan a i1io scanning table (2nd generation, which I believe is most current). I'm running into some problems and was wondering if someone can help - I can't set the i1Pro2+i1io to use M1 conditions, the scanning happens only in M0(uv included)

Here's the workflow...
- In i1Profiler I've selected the option to profile a printer and selected RGB printer and set the number of patches to 3000
- On i1Profiler's next screen under device set up I've selected i1io2 and measurement mode to DualScan (M0,M1,M2 and OBC)
- Once the scanning process begins I noticed the under i1Profiler's Measurement Data Parameters section the measurement condition is M0(uv included). 

Is it possible to set the i1Pro2 and i1io to use M1 conditions.  Just wondering if I'm doing something incorrectly. Should be device be set to "i1io compatibility mode"?  I was under the impression "compatibility" mode was if you're using the previous version of the i1io table.

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
Re: XRite i1Pro2 & i1io scanning table (2nd generation)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 10:14:19 pm »

When the measurement is complete, you should get four files. Are you? Xrite aren't great on interfaces so I'd go on they output, not the display.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

rxchaos

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:51:00 pm »

When the measurement is complete, you should get four files. Are you? Xrite aren't great on interfaces so I'd go on they output, not the display.

When there measurement is complete one goes to the next screen to set the lighting (CIE Illuminant D50 in this case) and then the next screen is for profile settings (Perceptual=custom, Tables=OptimizeQuality, etc...) and then the last screen to generate the icc profile.  There's only one file, i.e. the icc profile file that's created.  I've not seen i1Profiler generate four files; am I missing something?

Jeff-Grant

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:55:48 pm »

I haven't done this for colour in ages. Let me try it out and I'll be back.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

Jeff-Grant

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:43:27 pm »

Well there's a surprise. I can't use my old patch prints on the latest version. It's never easy with Xrite. So here we go from memory.

Once the measurement is done, you have the option to save the output from the step, that's when you should get the four files. I found some old measurements with three files with M0,M1 and M2 as the suffix. Maybe that's what you will get. I save as CGATS so that I can use the files in CTPRO. In the Measure step, you can then load one of the files and continue with the profile build. As I say, I haven't done this in a while, and I would have to print new targets to try it.

Let me know how this goes.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

howardm

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 10:03:07 am »

For me, the Measurement Data Parameters - Measurement Conditions is a pulldown menu offering M0/M1/M2 but the OP seems to indicate that it's a fixed value.

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 10:04:15 am »

In the measurement tab, dual scanning is taking the full complement of measurements. Just pick M1 or whatever measurement condition you wish, when the scanning is completed. M0 is only the default and it is fixed before & during scanning; but you can change it after scanning, before proceeding to the next step of the workflow.

rxchaos

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 10:36:16 am »

In the measurement tab, dual scanning is taking the full complement of measurements. Just pick M1 or whatever measurement condition you wish, when the scanning is completed. M0 is only the default and it is fixed before & during scanning; but you can change it after scanning, before proceeding to the next step of the workflow.

Thank you.  That's how it worked when I was just using the i1Pro2 without the i1io.  With the i1io installed, the pulldown menu that lets one choose M0, M1, M2 was grayed out. I reinstalled i1Profiler from the CD/DVD that came with the i1io and ran the update to bring it to version 1.6.6 and it all works the way it should.

Royce Howland

• Vivid Aspect Photography
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 11:14:37 am »

Glad you got it working. As quirky as the i1Profiler interface sometimes can be, once you get it figured out it's not that bad. Issues like this, which are not all that uncommon in my experience with X-Rite products, often point to lower level driver problems and so on. Reinstalling probably took something low level about the i1io into account that wasn't installed correctly (or was out of date) before, and let i1Profiler properly see the dual scanning support through the table.

Part of my debugging with X-Rite issues always is to fully update everything first, and then optionally uninstall / clean / reinstall / update if I need stronger measures. Sometimes that backfires...
Pages: [1]   Go Up