Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Settings on epson P9000 for 40x30 print  (Read 2003 times)

larkis

• My photography blog
Settings on epson P9000 for 40x30 print
« on: July 30, 2016, 01:56:05 am »

I'm trying to print a 40x30 print and having the image be cantered on the 44" roll with a 2" margin all around. When I make a custom paper size of 44x34 and send the 40x30 to the printer, the bottom margin ends up less than an inch after the printer cuts the sheet. Not sure what i'm doing wrong and I don't want to go through a wasteful experimentation process. What is everyone using in the page setup and epson print dialogue to get this to work ? I used image print with the 9800 and this was not an issue, but the P9000 version of IP Is still being worked on.

I'm printing out of lightroom on osx.

tonyrom

Re: Settings on epson P9000 for 40x30 print
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:39:07 pm »

Hi Larkis,

I have been having alignment woes with the P7000 mainly with sheets but roll as well.  I had some DoubleWeight Matte roll paper left over that came with the printer.  I tried a test print 4:3 ratio as your test with 2" top/bottom borders and 1" top/bottom border.   The 2" printout yielded 2 1/2" top, 2 5/8" bottom.  The 1" printout yielded 1 1/2" top, 1 5/8 bottom.  I have no clue where the extra 1/2" or 5/8" came from.  I have been having woes with sheets as well with the left and right margins not being equal but at least with sheet, you can center top/bottom which does work. 

Here are my settings LR CC 2015 (Mac):

Paper:
Custom Page, 9x12 Roll

Page Setup:
Roll Paper

Cell Size: 6x9
Margins all 0

I have not found a solution other than to wait for ImagePrint. 

-tony

larkis

• My photography blog
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:31:33 pm »

Hi Larkis,

I have been having alignment woes with the P7000 mainly with sheets but roll as well.  I had some DoubleWeight Matte roll paper left over that came with the printer.  I tried a test print 4:3 ratio as your test with 2" top/bottom borders and 1" top/bottom border.   The 2" printout yielded 2 1/2" top, 2 5/8" bottom.  The 1" printout yielded 1 1/2" top, 1 5/8 bottom.  I have no clue where the extra 1/2" or 5/8" came from.  I have been having woes with sheets as well with the left and right margins not being equal but at least with sheet, you can center top/bottom which does work. 

Here are my settings LR CC 2015 (Mac):

Paper:
Custom Page, 9x12 Roll

Page Setup:
Roll Paper

Cell Size: 6x9
Margins all 0

I have not found a solution other than to wait for ImagePrint. 

-tony

I hope there is a solution besides image print (which I love). I have also been unsuccessful in printing a 17x22 from a 17" wide roll with all the margins matching. The cuter always adds more to the top and bottom (equally in this case).

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:19:42 am »

What is everyone using in the page setup and epson print dialogue
it doesn't work, at least in my experience. Get Mirage Print or some other printing program and power onwards.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 03:13:40 am »

it doesn't work, at least in my experience. Get Mirage Print or some other printing program and power onwards.
Of course it will work.  We print all day at my store on Epson printers, using PS and LR with papers sizes up to 64" wide. 

From Lightroom the settings are straight forward.

Custom paper size is 44" width, and 36" heigh with all borders to 0". Do not transpose these or base these numbers on the orientation of the image (portrait vs landscape).  The width is always the exact width of the paper you are putting in the machine, the height is how long you want it to be cut (or vertical dimension if it is a sheet).  If you transpose these, very strange things usually are the result.

In LR, create a cell that is 40" wide, and 30 inches tall.  Set all LR borders to 0".  Note setting all borders to 0 works because we have no data that is trying to print the restricted border areas.

Note that "portrait" orientation for this paper size is actually a landscape oriented image.  So if you have a landscape image, you need to check the portrait orientation checkbox and vice versa if the image is a portrait orientation.  I think that sounds a little confusing, but basically "portrait" to the printer means the image does not need to be rotated 90 to fit the paper.

You should get a print that has 2" borders on the side, but probably more like 2.5 inches on top and bottom. This is due to the relationship of the cutter to the print head, and assumes you can trim it.

However, if you want the printer to cut it to final dimensions, you select Roll Feed, Borderless - Retain size.  This will then allow you to select the Double Cut option in the Roll Paper dialog.  If you do this be aware the print will print a short distance then it will cut the top, then continue to print.  Each print ends up with about a 2" strip of paper, so uses maybe an inch more paper than if you trim it yourself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up