Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR and P600 cropping issue  (Read 539 times)

rmazzi

LR and P600 cropping issue
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:30:07 pm »

I was using Lightroom with a P600 to print out some small snapshots for my mother in law of her great grandchildren.  The photos were cropped to 4x6 in LR.  I created a 3x3 template with 3.5 in by 2.75 in cells to fit into a small photobook.  After selecting 18 photos (2 pages) i adjusted the picture (using the magic hand) to position the 4x6 picture within the smaller cell.  I printed out the two sheets using the Letter Size, borderless (retain size) options.  After printing them out, i noticed some shifting on the picture position for some of the frames, but no big deal on 17 of 18.  One of the corner pictures was shifted about an inch, chopping off the head instead of the feet (not my objective).  So despite it looking perfect on screen, it printed differently.  I tried different borderless settings with the same result.  I am using a Mac version of LR.  I have noticed that the borderless options behave strangely, producing slighlty different results than the on screen view.  I am flummoxed.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: LR and P600 cropping issue
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:24:18 am »

One way around such issues is to use the Custom option for mounting the photos in the LR print module, and using the cell size menu you can dimension each photo and place it where you want it, then print. Always works.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

rmazzi

Re: LR and P600 cropping issue
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:38 am »

thanks.  I will give that a try.  I suspect it is best to stay away from borderless printing in general.  I got used to borderless for snapshots when i had the local mass market film processors produced that format in quantity. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up