Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Azores - 1  (Read 822 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Azores - 1
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:52:06 am »

I just came back from a 5 day holyday at Pico island, in the Azores. The Azores archipelago has 9 islands, all very different. The main characteristic of Pico is the 2351m high volcano; the island is one of the most recent, and so the volcano has not blown up yet:)

It is normally covered with clouds and mist. I went up the trail to the top on my 50th birthday last week, with wife and two kids. A great adventure, spent the night camping in the crater.

I have started processing my images, this is the initial batch:

1. Criacao Velha vineyards, Unesco world heritage. These plants have to face the fierce storms, and are 400 years old. The Pico wine is famous.

2. Pico volcano seen from Lajes do Pico.

3. Faial island seen from Madalena do Pico.

4. Windmill at Sao Joao.

graeme

Re: Azores - 1
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:28:04 am »

What a cute windmill.

francois

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 08:09:19 am »

Great set! I like the mineral look of #1. It looks both hostile and full of life at the same time. That's often the case in volcanic environments. The volcano seems very close from the village.
A night camping on the volcano looks like a perfect way to celebrate your birthday!
Francois

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:47:50 am »

The first one has the mood. Looks like a great place to photograph in the right conditions.

Arlen

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 03:04:08 pm »

Looks like a great place to visit, Paulo. I particularly like the 1st and 4th images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up