Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Siros L wifi issue  (Read 4323 times)

aaronl

Siros L wifi issue
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:38:32 pm »

I recently received my new Siros L kit and went to set up the lights in the broncolor app.  To my surprise, one of the strobes has a wifi address of "bron-Studio1" and the second strobe has an address of "bron-Studio5."  Therefore, I am not able to load the second light into the app.  Further, my RFS 2.1 will not trigger the bron-Studio5 strobe. 

I have searched the internet and am not finding a solution online.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
Re: Siros L wifi issue
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:51:53 pm »

I recently received my new Siros L kit and went to set up the lights in the broncolor app.  To my surprise, one of the strobes has a wifi address of "bron-Studio1" and the second strobe has an address of "bron-Studio5."  Therefore, I am not able to load the second light into the app.  Further, my RFS 2.1 will not trigger the bron-Studio5 strobe. 

I have searched the internet and am not finding a solution online.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Did you read the manual? I´m not familiar with the Siros but bronolor RFS and RFS2 have been divided into groups (studio) and lamps ever since. So for example all your Siros units will have to be set to the same "studio" for example studio 1. The transmitter has to be set to "Studio 1" as well. To reach a single unit the "lamp" setting has to be on different numbers. So for two units you will set one to studio 1, lamp1 and the second to studio 1, lamp 2. HTH. Cheers, Ulf

aaronl

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:58:09 pm »

Yes, I have read begrudgingly read the manual cover to cover.  No information.  I have also gone in and set everything on Studio 1 - both on the light and RFS.

UlfKrentz

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 06:35:23 pm »

So you cannot sync via the RFS transmitter? This is strange. Can you check if you might have a version equipped with a pocket wizard system? Does it connect to the WIFI app now?

aaronl

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 06:37:58 pm »

No, I am unable to trigger with the RFS 2.1 and still will not show up in the bron app.  I have a email into tech support but was hoping that somebody might have an idea on the board.

UlfKrentz

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »

Just realized this is the Siros L, so this won´t have a PW option. So my last advice is to check the sync setting if it is set to rf or all. If this still does not help maybe try a reset (press test for at least 4 sec)? Hope you get this sorted...

aaronl

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 07:00:08 pm »

Thanks, Ulf.

I have tried all of these recommendations and still no go.  Hopefully I will hear back from tech support tomorrow.  I find it particularly interesting that the strobe has a wifi address of "bron-Studio5," which is likely the cause of these issues.

FelixWu

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 09:23:17 am »

Not that I own any Siros but I have played with one. Studio 5 means your light is on channel5. And you should set it to match the channel as your remote and it should work.

aztwang

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 05:47:49 am »

Set your transmitter Studio setting to whatever channel you wish, say Studio1... then set each Siros to Studio1. If you still have a problem make sure and reset transmitter once again. Everything should work fine.

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up