Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feedback request two  (Read 3698 times)

verma_deepak

• Deepak
feedback request two
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:48 am »

hi,

Please provide your feedback on attached images.

leeonmaui

Re: feedback request two
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 05:19:26 pm »

I'm just not sure I get a story out of this, maybe the walking suited men would be better on their own.
There is lots of artifacts from processing, maybe clean all that up, and really work on smoothing out the inanimate objects, and making the men harsh invaders in a smooth clean world, that their roughness is their humanity...

Visually its not very strong the way it is now, so some sort of story to think about would help carry the image.

If you had one without the big blurry foot, that might be better, although I guess the blurry foot, becomes the entering focal point if thats what you want, again whats your story...

BradSmith

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 08:48:14 pm »

On my calibrated monitor, it is a very flat, visually dull (to my way of thinking) image with no contrast.  But maybe that is how you want it to be??

leeonmaui

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:06:40 pm »

Aloha,
It's not me, that needs to want it a certain way, I was just offering feedback.
I was just asking you to think about what you were trying to express, and see it there wasn't a better way to express your story.
As long as this is the best expression of what you were trying to convey then its perfect.

verma_deepak

• Deepak
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 11:46:43 am »

Thanks for your feedback....I wanted to show the life in london....where ppl jog, work leisurely walk ...and shoing london as legendary city...I do not one without blurred man...will upload the same...

verma_deepak

• Deepak
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 02:17:48 pm »

I am posting a coloured version and two different shot of same area...please provide your feedback

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 03:28:16 am »

The B&W can work, it's just that it's flat in tone.

There is a dynamic to this photograph with the strong converging lines and the contrast between the joggers and the suits (in activity and position). Take advantage of this by upping the contrast of the file. Begin by nailing down a black point and a white point. If this is too much, lighten up on the black point. Then adjust contrast and clarity to suit along with exposure (this is assuming you are using Lightroom).

Please re-process and re-post.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

verma_deepak

• Deepak
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 01:22:57 pm »

Thanks for the feedback, I have tried to reprocess the image, please find attached..pls provide your valuable feedback

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 02:34:28 pm »

Thanks for the feedback, I have tried to reprocess the image, please find attached..pls provide your valuable feedback

I don't think the crop improves it at all, but the processing is very much better.

Jeremy

luxborealis

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 05:00:32 pm »

I don't think the crop improves it at all, but the processing is very much better.

Jeremy

Agreed with respect to the cropping. As for the processing, it could still be more dramatic. Try raising the values of the mid-tones and add more local contrast (or, in LR terms, Clarity).

verma_deepak

• Deepak
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 02:22:36 am »

Thanks, Let me re work on the image...I cant really thank you all for the feedback..its the best learning i can have..i will post re-worked pic soon and seek your feedback..

verma_deepak

• Deepak
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42:40 am »

Many thanks for your feedback...please see attached re-processed image, and please provide your feedback.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 02:52:05 am »

Many thanks for your feedback...please see attached re-processed image, and please provide your feedback.

I think that's awful, I'm afraid. It's much too contrasty, so detail is lost; and the sky is destroyed.

Jeremy

luxborealis

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 10:22:28 am »

I think that's awful, I'm afraid. It's much too contrasty, so detail is lost; and the sky is destroyed.

Jeremy

Agreed. Local contrast, which needed, is different from overall contrast, which you've done. Use Clarity, combined with raising the Shadow values.

verma_deepak

• Deepak
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 01:53:37 pm »

Many Thanks for your feedback, its really helping me refine my thought process...please provide feedback on the re-processed image..

NancyP

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 01:59:33 pm »

Guys in suits are merging with St. Paul's dome. You really need to have a lighter dome if you want the suits to stand out as individual element. Have you tried spot contrast adjustment via LR paintbrush and your favorite method of contrast adjustment (curves, clarity, whatever)? Also, at the very beginning of the process, before converting from color to black and white, do you adjust your black point and white point?

Shakyphoto (Slim)

• Shakyphoto
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 03:34:05 pm »

Many Thanks for your feedback, its really helping me refine my thought process...please provide feedback on the re-processed image..

I'm going to talk about composition of the photo.  (You are already getting critiques processing wise IMO black and white is best, color does not add anything of note)

The perspective, angle of the shot, and people in suits in the background all make for a good composition.  In my opinion the joggers distract from the photo.  What's the story, emotion, are you trying to tell that the joggers add anything?  The sharp, converging, steely lines of the bridge match well with the cold city architecture and further complemented with the "calculating business" men in suits.  You could try another composition if you you can combine another image which takes those joggers out.
Wandering the World, Watching for Wonders
http://www.shakyphoto.com
http://www.fb.com/Shakyphoto

verma_deepak

• Deepak
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 12:37:22 pm »

Many Thanks for your constructive feedback, I have tried to re-process the image, please provide your feedback.

leeonmaui

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 05:03:35 pm »

Aloha,

Ok now lighten the men in suits to bring them out!
tempest in a teacup....

Shakyphoto (Slim)

• Shakyphoto
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 08:26:43 pm »

Aloha,

Ok now lighten the men in suits to bring them out!
tempest in a teacup....

Agreed with above.  The image is getting a better, and overall a good composition.  Because this photo is about symmetry, could you crop the photo so it is symmetrical with the ground?

There is nothing you can do about this, however the next shot that you take that is similar, it would be good to see people in the foreground that complement the people in suits, (not joggers, tourists or tourists).  A stronger foreground element is needed next time.
Wandering the World, Watching for Wonders
http://www.shakyphoto.com
http://www.fb.com/Shakyphoto
Pages: [1]   Go Up