Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: And so it continues....  (Read 59597 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: And so it continues....
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2016, 09:55:59 am »

... if the guns in Germany could be obtained as easily as in USA, with 1.1 million refugees... 

Or they can drive a truck. No machine gun produced as many fatalities in a single attack.

Then again, why not go for the root cause and not have let in* 1.1 million refugees in the first place?

*Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:10:43 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Rob C

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2016, 09:58:44 am »

They just had a party in a rented villa in southern England - reportedly yardie gangsta types - and one person shot dead at around 2.30 am folowing a police check on the venue about four hours earlier.

The world has finally lost its marbles.

At least it bears out my theory, voiced here before, that for the UK, the problem began back in '47 with the Independence/Partition of India and similar passport deal with the Caribbean; one Enoch Powell was crucified for warning of what lay ahead.

Too late for Brexit to make much difference.

Rob

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2016, 09:59:55 am »

Then again, why not go for the root cause and not have 1.1 million refugees in the first place?

BINGO !

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Rob C

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2016, 10:04:15 am »

Or they can drive a truck. No machine gun produced as many fatalities in a single attack.

Then again, why not go for the root cause and not have 1.1 million refugees in the first place?

That, Slobodan, is the mammoth in the room. Thank our politicians and collective bleeding hearts, both for meddling in the wars and getting involved in the exodus.

Trump's Mexican wall dance would be in fine tune on the borders of the Med.

Rob

stamper

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2016, 10:23:24 am »

Refugee complaining about too many refugees. :o

Manoli

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2016, 10:23:41 am »

More abject stupidity.
Or they can fly a plane. No machine gun produced as many fatalities in a single attack.

Manoli

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2016, 10:27:08 am »

/* deleted
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:01:29 am by Manoli »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2016, 11:12:24 am »

Refugee complaining about too many refugees. :o

I am not (a refugee).

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2016, 11:15:14 am »

More abject stupidity.
Or they can fly a plane. No machine gun produced as many fatalities in a single attack.

Thanks for adding to my point.

Also, thanks for that civilized qualifier, Manoli. When you start losing an argument, start throwing insults, eh?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2016, 11:27:41 am »

A nice summary of our inter-continental debates (I wonder what an Australian would say):

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2016, 11:32:21 am »

Hi Manoli. I see you deleted your somewhat intelligent post.

But I didn't say that all citizens should be armed though I do think every citizen should have the right to be armed. Under our Constitution we have that right, and even though the left would like to rip out that part of the Constitution it ain't gonna happen.

On the other hand, there are certain citizens who should be required to be armed, trained in the use of their arms, and required regularly to demonstrate proficiency if they want to keep their jobs. Top of my list would be college professors. A university has a responsibility to protect its students even though we stopped calling it in loco parentis so the darlings can pretend they're adults even though they insist on being in a safe space. High schools have a similar responsibility, but since those schools are wards of the state the state should be required to provide armed guards. Gun free zones don't get the job done.

Anyone who thinks gun free zones are a solution hasn't come into contact with the real world. Believe it or not, Manoli, it's still the Wild West, and if you haven't come face to face with that fact yet, you will. You won't tell us where you are, but I suspect you're somewhere in Europe. Better keep a close watch behind you. The West is getting wilder day by day.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2016, 11:45:30 am »

Quote from: LesPalenik on Today at 04:15:57 AM
... if the guns in Germany could be obtained as easily as in USA, with 1.1 million refugees... 

One could say that the root cause was really the Americans meddling in Syria and not finishing the job. And then supporting a conflict with three armed parties fighting against each other isn't exactly the best recipe for success.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2016, 12:15:33 pm »

One could say that the root cause was really the Americans meddling in Syria and not finishing the job. And then supporting a conflict with three armed parties fighting against each other isn't exactly the best recipe for success. 

... I prefer to focus on things that can be done (even if they are hard to do), instead of focusing on the things that cannot be done...

Things that can be done: not letting refugees in (your own decision)

Things that cannot be done (by you): Changing American policies

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2016, 12:23:50 pm »

Bomber pledged allegiance to IS

Then again, who's bright idea was to place Muslim refugees in a building with THAT on top!?

RSL

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2016, 12:27:20 pm »

Shouldn't be a problem, Slobodan. Jesus is in the Koran in several places. He's held in high regard.

Manoli

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »

Also, thanks for that civilized qualifier, Manoli. When you start losing an argument, start throwing insults, eh?

Slobodan –

The insults and obnoxious retorts have been all yours since page 3 of the previous thread, and this is/was meant to be a civilised discussion (not an argument) on gun control. Zero to do with terrorism – see the OP and (#10) .

So no, nothing to do with losing any argument, the reply was simply replicating your warped logic.

Manoli

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2016, 02:17:41 pm »

Hi Russ,

Yes, I did delete the post, principally because I thought that the latter part may have been considered antagonistic – and that was not the intention. But I'm pleased that I, more or less, understood your position correctly. Thanks for the clarification.

I can understand, to a degree, your point of view, but coming from a different culture and background – we'll have to agree to disagree on a few points. [/smiley-face]. The notion of armed professors and guards in Universities (think Oxford & Cambridge) is so incongruous that, to Brits, it's tantamount to Disneyland on hallucinogens .

And yes, I'm a Brit, of European descent, Europe based.

Not sure if the West is getting wilder, as you put it, or rather there's an unpalatable swing to an extreme, far-right populism. Whatever it is, it'll be defeated – but not before there exists a credible opposition.  Don't underestimate Europe. The EU ultimately won't fall apart, it's here to stay and, much as it pains me to say it, the Brits got this one wrong.

M

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2016, 02:26:15 pm »

Slobodan –

The insults and obnoxious retorts have been all yours since page 3 of the previous thread...

Oh, dear!  :( :o ??? :-\

RSL

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2016, 02:30:47 pm »

The notion of armed professors and guards in Universities (think Oxford & Cambridge) is so incongruous that, to Brits, it's tantamount to Disneyland on hallucinogens .

And I'm sure they'll continue to believe that right up to the hour when an ISIS murderer blows away a classroom full of people.

RSL

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2016, 02:31:30 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up