Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orange Square Lenses - what have you seen & thoughts  (Read 1197 times)

Joe Towner

Orange Square Lenses - what have you seen & thoughts
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:01:53 am »

I'm about to return a rental I picked up on Wednesday afternoon.  Somehow I didn't notice it was a new HCD 35-90 until last night...

https://twitter.com/PNWmf/status/756326081888563200

I'm going to see what other new lenses they got in, and will do a few quick tests as to flash sync and all.  Unfortunately they didn't include an Air Remote with my B1 rental, so I'll have to try it when I drop off stuff.  I feel guilty for putting the first frames on a lens without realizing it.  When I caught it the shutter count was 177, compared to the 42k on my body  ;D

What have you seen and any experiences with the new shutters?

-Joe
t: @PNWMF

Joe Towner

Re: Orange Square Hasselblad Lenses - what have you seen & thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:37:49 am »

Evidently no one else has seen the updated lenses.  I took the 35-90 flying a few nights back, the extra speed did help, but the light was shifting and I was back around 1/400th before long.  The orange square 50-110mm and 24mm are both in stock at my local rental shop, so I'll be checking on them.

The next project is to do some testing with regard to studio lights and triggers, and getting flash sync at 1/1000th on H4/H5 bodies and 1/2000th on the H6.
t: @PNWMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up