Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tilt Shift Question  (Read 1300 times)

Kaypee

Tilt Shift Question
« on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:52 am »

I use a tilt shots on Canons regularly and recently noticed my 24mm tse seemed a little soft on one side. I sent off to a reputable repair place in the UK and paid a couple of hundred quid to get it repaired. the changed some washers and realigned the lens but when i tested it there is still an issue with softness.

I'm testing the lens by using a tripod dialling in zero shift. I'm then simply rotating the lens around and expecting to see exactly the same image. The issue only shows when the lens has been rotated all the way round in one direction and its easy to avoid doing this.

Could this be a lens issue or is it effected by the rotating? I'm not sure whether its reasonable to expect the lens to rotate all the way around and still be as sharp as when its hasnt been rotated. the attached shots are 100% of the lens straight and maximum rotation. No shift.
Thanks
KP

Gigi

• some work
Re: Tilt Shift Question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 07:27:33 am »

possibly a little tilt is happening, to throw it out of focus? What aperture are these shots?
Geoff

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 08:55:47 am »

possibly a little tilt is happening, to throw it out of focus? What aperture are these shots?

Yes, that's the only obvious thing I can think of. Rotating an optically well centered lens should not change focus or resolution.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Kaypee

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:35:17 pm »

All shot at f11. Something is happening.

Pages: [1]   Go Up