Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Both RAW and JPEG showing in Library view - why?  (Read 1338 times)

Lesley

Both RAW and JPEG showing in Library view - why?
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:17:59 pm »

I haven't had this happen before, but last night I noticed that both JPEG and RAW versions of photos were displayed side by side in the Library module in Lightroom. Except, not every image has been displayed this way - only some of them. I can only conclude that I did something to get some of them to display in this manner, but I really don't think I have done anything different from my usual procedure.
I double checked Preferences - General and have NOT clicked "treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos". I have no idea how to show only the RAW versions.
Any help in getting rid of these extraneous files would be greatly appreciated!

Lesley

dtrozzo

Re: Both RAW and JPEG showing in Library view - why?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:33 am »

As you know it is not normal behavior. LR does not even import the jpeg to the library if the preference box is unchecked. LR does indicate that a jpeg was shot with the extension +jpg, but does not import the jpeg. With that said you can stack the images automatically by capture time to hide the jpeg. Select all—Photo>Stacking>Auto Stack by Capture Time. You could also search by file type and delete.

stingray

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 11:01:48 am »

Leaving aside parameter settings re raw+jpg ...... the easiest way to handle is to use the Library Filter Tool in Grid Mode.

Use the "\" to toggle on and off the Filter Tool then .

1. Select the metadata option
2. Select "File Type" for one of the columns.

Assuming all other filters (eg rating, colour, flag, etc) are off, this will give you a summary of all the file types present.

Click on Raw if you just want to see the raw files.
Click on Jpg if you want to see the jpgs (or move or delete or whatever other action you may wish to take)

Lesley

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:55:50 pm »

Thank you both! I learned something from both your answers. Stingray, following your directions solved the problem.
Lesley
Pages: [1]   Go Up